Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hohner HA-114 B Cajun (Black) Found

Just wanted to post this as a follow-up to my previous one in search of this particular Box. Thanks to the Forum, I was contacted by a very kind & helpful reader of these posts who had just the thing I've been wanting for so long. Took delivery of it a few days ago. This little Black Beauty looks just great & plays excellent (has one broken Treble Spring -#6 & awaiting its replacement from Hohner any day now). Playing on it almost endlessly for several days, this Box really lives up to Hohner's original Ads - ....with "reduced Tremelo & flattened Thirds" for a more sweet, "Cajun" sound. At least for this one, I think they nailed it just perfect, as the tuning is exactly like my other LA made Cajun Accordions. Only slight difference is they tuned that one particular M Reed Bank just a tad "dissonant" (not "Wet", as Marc explains in his "Gospel" video) to get that brilliant Sound/Tone that just "jumps out" at you. The sound is absolutely magnificent. Many thanks to everyone & the previous owner of this little Gem, who followed through with my request & so kindly sold it to me. As I can't seem to go anywhere these days (even shopping) without bringing a Cajun Box along with me, this little Baby fits the Bill perfectly & is in my Backpack right now, ready for an Adventure. Oh, gotta go....there's the Fed Ex carrier just now with my Springs - wish me Luck - CJ

Re: Hohner HA-114 B Cajun (Black) Found

Congrats !!

Are you sure it has flattened thirds.. did you check it with a tuner?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!