Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Left Handed Accordion

That's right Mr Elton. You tell em! But would you make one if someone asked you to? I have seen a young man play a left handed accordion at Mulattes in the 90's. He was actually a left hander. Wrote, threw ball, ate, and lived left handed. For some reason, he had a finesse about his playing. It was different. It must have had to do with that right brain, left brain thang. But he sure was smooth. I guess he would play a right handed, normal accordion about as well as I would play a left handed one. Very badly. So yes, there have been left handed accordions made. Just switch everything around if the rarity of a left handed accordion player ever pops up asking for one.

Play that fker upside down why don't ya

Yeah -- get a standard accordion and then just flip it the way this lefty does with a right-handed bass:

I thought I had read about it so I went and found the video (see link #1). Jesse Brown (Choupique Accordions) has made at least one.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!