Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Grand Master Cajun Musician

Still a lurker Pig sad sad sad

Randy, You think that I am Jerry Moody? Funny, Jerry Moody was the first person to offend me on this discussion page. It had something to do with "Pink Panties". Remember?

Did you find any more information that you were looking for?

I still think it will end up being the nashville number system, or something based on that. It would be interesting to know.

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open David. Anything more I find out I will let this discussion know by post. So far, I've gone with a permanent marker on each of my accordions and marked the 3 keys of the 3 different positions of each accordion I have so I can see them directly and not have to think about it. I put the markings on the top of the stop knobs. Looks "novice", but it works for me. I hope someone ask about it so I can blast them with the information. LOL. C accordion = C G F. D accordion = D A G 1st, 2nd, and 3rd position respectively. But everybody should already know this. It's how to communicate with the other musicians that's not so easy to decipher. at least my open display of the Keys directly on my accordion should open some discussion and thinking when others see it.

No my comment was directed to used to be that mother fker is Jerry hoooo Moody

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!