Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beginner 3 Row

You have been duped by my observation.

All Ariettes are made in China and none are 25 years old.

Makers mark their accordeons "made in Italy" because by law they must identify the source. The Italians stamp or emboss because they take pride in their efforts.

Contrarily, the "Made in China" boxes usually have a label. Easily removed.

Others may have not been negative to you. However, the information is questionable. ie the Hohner International is an inferior instrument and to be avoided.

May I recommend you visit melodeon.net for the most reliable information on diatonic accordeons. Also fewer "one uppers" and limited "attitude".

Thanks, Bauxologist. Good to have your input. Will accept and move forward till I gain enough minimum skill to graduate to a 3-row, maybe Panther/International, etc. Being a senior citizen, I don't know whether I will live long enough to develop skill to move to expensive (better) boxes.

If you keep your eyes open, I believe you may run across a German made Corona.

Define senior citizen ... I'll bet I am up there with you and I am still at it.

I called the Button Box for some guidance on the currently made 3 row entry level boxes...
Their opinion was there is no better value than the Hohner Panther in that price range.

If you have a chance call Doug Creighton at the Button Box , he's a straight shooter.

413-665-7793

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!