Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hack a tit Moreau "Edius Nacquin"

I'm sure the "Masters" wouldn't care.

Is that your short answer Tbrode? Very fillysofical of you. In fact, I know they wouldn't care. They're dead. It's for us to care. Didn't you think on this a little before you commented? My god man! Put your heart into it a little more.

Here's on for you to contemplate over Tbrode. Imagine you are Aldus Roger. Been playing the accordion all your life. You don't sing, you just play the accordion and you tend to keep quiet, but you really believe in your accordion playing. Someone finally talks you in to going compete at a local accordion contest. With hesitation, you decide to go and try it out. When you get there all fired up and sure of yourself that you you just might win the thing, you see that Iry Lejeune has signed up and is one of your competitors. After the contest, you are told by people that Iry has beaten you! I wonder if Aldus Roger cared just a little bit about that. I mean, he was one of the most stone faced players there was. Showed no emotion what so ever. But they say he was very upset about the defeat. He lost to Iry Lejeune! I would have been proud to lose to Iry Lejeune. Aldus took it to the grave brother. Even in his later years toward the end, some other accordion players his age were trying to outdo him and beat him at the jam sessions which I personally witnessed. Yeah, I think every accordion player cares how his performance is perceived by others. I think every accordion player doesn't care to see another player with an advantage that he himself should also have. In Cajun country, there is a fierce competition amongst accordion players on who is the beyyyyssssst, and in runs deep in their souls, even though no one wants to talk about it. But it is there. No one is born with an accordion in their hands, and it doesn't come natural to any player. It is something you have to work at and work at very hard and for a very long time to do it right. Yeah, I would think there is and always has been some "care" involved. But now we need to take it to the next level. That we as accordion and fiddle players start caring about how the Cajun music is learned,understood, presented, and shared. We cannot let it become a cheap competition on who's the beyyyyysssst and who can put out more CD's. That would make us more like rap singers.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!