Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hebert accordion

I am wondering if a hebert accordion is a type of cajun accordion and how much do they value at?

Re: Hebert accordion

If it is the Hebert accordion on the Lafayette Craiglist, it probably the product of Paul Hebert of Kenner. It is a typical 10-button diatonic Cajun accordion. The asking price of $750 seems a little high to me - I'd think it should go in the $500-$600 range, being a relatively unknown brand.

The late John Clifton Hebert of Maurice also built accordions under the "Crown" trade name.

Many of the "unknown" accordions are good values. However, until you have played it, you don't know what you're getting. If you play it and like it, then you must set the price to match your satisfaction.

Re: Hebert accordion

My grandfather was Paul Hebert, his accordion tho not a big name brand are awesome instruments. I myself have 5 of them and am always looking for more. If anyone hears of one coming available I would be interested in purchasing it. Even if it's not for sale I would love to see pics,here is my email for anyone that may know of one or has one! erichebert85@att.net

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!