Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hohner, 2 stops?

I have seen a few 2 row accordion with 1 slide . They close 1 bank of reeds and tune it opens the other bank of reeds and tune the other with the first that was tune by ear j.e.doucet

photo 20160819_173230_zpsskbs5fai.jpgI guess someone sealed up the side without the slat. I also have 2 broken reads. Reads are on a plate like a harmonica, could I replace them w/ harmonica reeds? Thanks again.

call me at 337-684-6495 and I will explain it yo you. J.E Doucet

Out of curiosity.. what key is the instrument?

could be as John says. Also could just be a way to switch between a wet and dry sound. Do the two reed banks seem to be in the same octave?

I have no idea if harmonica reeds are going to work. If the exact same size, possibly, but it seems a harmonica has to deal with less force than the accordion. And you should take this whole last paragraph with a grain of salt. Or a gram. Or a box.

Down here, in Australia I bought a a Hohner HA112 D I found one stop difficult to open and close I opened box and found one aluminum register slide had been very badly damaged due to a rough and ready repair. I need to unglue the reed block and fix the slide.How do I unglue,remove reed block, and then glue it back in place.
I have never tried to remove a Hohner HA and would greatly appreciate a guide as to how to safely remove and then reglue the block back.
Wondering whether I can fit reed block latches to make for easy removal later on. Appreciate your help.

You have 2 stops, one is active the other is a dummy stop , its does nothing .

Most harmonica reeds are brass or bronze.

Waste of time, in my opinion, to install them.

They are fragile.

Not only fragile, but not loud enough. I have an antique German accordion (one of the super el-cheapo brands of the day) with brass reeds. Brass reeds = no volume. It looks nice enough on my mantle though!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!