Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Bad Behaviour

On any other forum/discussion group..there is one poster whose comments would be grounds for permanent removal.
Why one person is allowed to do this ,one more time, suggests he is a member of an "inner circle". And who, much like Savoy, can and do, get away with bad behaviour..

There is no excuse, health or otherwise, to make personal insults,slag, harass, or other wise threaten other posters. None.

And, it appears that some posts, that were not attacking other forumites, but stating fact and personal observation, have been removed.

Re: Bad Behaviour

To Jeff, Don, and Jim. I think I am to blame for all of this. Jim took a disliking to me in a bad way and thinks Don, Jeff, and Greezy are one in the same. I'm glad to know there are a couple of guys out there that see it similar like I do. So similar in fact, as to fool the pants off of Jim Petijon. But I don't hold nothing against ole Jim. I learned a few things from watching him play on YouTube. In particular, I liked the way he played "An Altered HA-114 Accordion in "D".
Linked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qkA44rdgUo
I now play this song the way he does, which for some reason is very close to Marc Savoy's version. LOL.

Re: Savoy Family Band traditional?

Great Tom that you can play music with others.
Lots of fun with that :-)
I also hope that the quarrel is ended now

I never saw a Quarrel. I read some seriously maligned comments that were unwarranted.

Jim is one helluva player.. no doubt about that.

The Savoy(s) really do believe that they establish and portray the Cajun Tradition.

I happen to disagree.

i was fortunate enough to take in a Savoy Family band show this summer. All i can say is they rocked it! I had commented to my wife about non-traditionallty of the show, but she said they rocked it. This was at the Grassroots music fest in Trumansburg , NY. Its a hippyish festival but people know their roots, Walter Mouton performs there every years for 26 years , as well as the Frank family. Play good music is the goal and the goal was achieved

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!