Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Festival Acadien et Creoles - Oct 13-16

Girard Park, Lafayette, LA.

Who's going?

Re: Festival Acadien et Creoles - Oct 13-16

Planning on it!

I could be there in about 35 minutes, find a parking spot at the Cajun Field parking lot, get on the shuttle with all the out of state hippies wearing straw hats, blue jean bib coveralls, bandannas, and knee high leather moccasins, and be shuttled to Girard Park in another 20 minutes. From there, I could walk amongst all the counterfeit Cajuns from parts unknown who never even saw a rice field let alone worked in one. I could look for "Homegrown Cajun Musicians" actual Cajuns, but I'll have a hard time having a meaningful conversation with them because they'll be unaccessable behind some barricade or tucked back in the VIP section like they were Elvis Presley or the Beatles. I could go and pay $10 dollars for a little bowl of gumbo when I can make myself a whole pot for $15. Yeah, I could do all that, but I won't. It has become and has been for some time just another clown show designed to separate you from your money under the guise of a nostalgic, authentic Cajun gathering. Before you know it, the majority of the musicians on stage will come from out of state and be parakeet singing some kind of broken France French and acting as if they just got finished butchering a pig and making gratins and boudin.

Even with limited personal access to the perfomers, having all these bands live in one place for one weekend is a marvelous opportunity to enjoy Cajun music - and it's FREE if you opt out on the pricey gumbo.

La Récolte
Jr. Hebert and the Maurice Playboys
Balfa Toujours
Jackie Caillier and the Cajun Cousins
Pine Leaf Boys
Ryan Brunet et Les Férailles
Jason Frey & Lagniappe
High Performance
Kevin Naquin and the Ossun Play
Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys
Wayne Toups and ZydeCajun
Kira Viator and Bayou Beat
Lost Bayou Ramblers
Robert Jardell & Pure Cajun
Courtbouillon
Jambalaya
Savoy Family Band
Walter Mouton and the Scott Playboys
Donnie Broussard and the Cajun Stars
Sheryl Cormier
T'Monde
Ray Abshire & Friends
Mid City Aces
Huval-Fuselier Cajun Trio
Kyle Huval and the Dixie Ramblers
Jesse Legé & Bayou Brew
Richard LeBoeuf and Two-Step
Bon Soir Catin
Magnolia Sisters

That's 29 Cajun acts - Creole, Zydeco, and Swamp Pop not shown. So, maybe it's best you stay home, Greezy, and crank up the Victrola.

Funny how perspectives can be so different. I love to go to FAC to see many friends that I never see otherwise, many of which are not Cajun but appreciate our music and culture and spend more time learning about it than many Cajuns. I go to see some friends who are musicians behind the rope, to enjoy their music, because I seem to like music better when it's played by friends. I don't worry about the rope, I can talk to them in other environments. I enjoy that I get a buffet of bands all in short walking distance, all for free. I enjoy looking at the arts and crafts of local artists and craftsfolks. I will probably not buy the expensive gumbo, because I can make that anytime, but some can't. I will probably buy some expensive shrimp and grits, or some other oddity that I will probably never make myself, as much to enjoy it as to support the business owner trying to make an honest living. I appreciate that, although some are only interested in money, I know that most involved are truly interested in promoting and preserving the language, music, and culture of my people, which is usually more that those that complain about it ever do.

Where else can you see all this Cajun music in one place. I volunteer at the Cabana booth fix mixed drinks for all that want to buy and get to mix my own for free. Maybe Greesed you should consider that you can have all the free gumbo you want, you can even have my portion. Consider the money that Lafayette makes during this time in tax money being brought in by all these out of staters.

Some people lead a very unhappy life, I guess.

I know fellers, I seem disgruntled. That's because I am. Sorry to burst yer bubbles if I did. I went to the FAC for the first and last time about 9 years ago with family and friends and was wallet and pocket raped by the time we left. And had hardly nothing to show for it. I saw what I saw through the eyes of a Cajun. I did witness a couple enjoyable events, but the memory of the "negative" haunts my mind. I was looking for "my people" and they could scarcely be found. No older generation Cajuns dancing or visiting. It was 98% strangers or foreignors who couldn't dance the Cajun way if their lives depended on it. My point of view of the Cajun Heritage is becoming more and more unique as the years go by, in that I lived a great deal of the "old Cajun life" up until I turned 18 at which point I went to live the life of serving Uncle Sam far away from Louisiana. It was then that I realized how the rest of the United States was different from Cajun land and our customs and heritage. I did not like it too much. Oh, I saw some beautiful land and scenery, but something was amiss. When I say the "old Cajun life", I mean rice farming, cattle, hunting, fishing, boucheree's, extended family Easters and Christmass celebrations, private house jam sessions by the old timers, frequent visits and suppers with family and friends and everyone giving freely and without question, everyone but the young kids speaking "Cajun French" and lots of drink and food and good times. Oh, and I remember riding to town on the back dashboard of our car or standing up next to my dad in his truck listening to the French music on the radio on the way to the barber shop on Saturdays. Seatbelts were those straps sticking out the seats that got in the way and were usually tucked away or cut out. I remember having access to every field or woodland around my community because my dad and grandpa knew every farmer and landowner around. We didn't have to ask to hunt or go on these properties because we were usually with friends that took us on their land. Now, you get the cops called on you if you park your vehicle too long on the side of a country road in Cajun land. The annual festivals in Crowley, Kaplan, or Abbeville all attended by 99% local Cajun people is what we had>>(you knew most everyone there!. I was conceived in the back seat of a car after one of these festivals in a field driveway on the back side of Gueydan,La for crying out loud! Believe it when I say or type the words that show I am not happy with the current swing of things when it comes to Cajun music and the festivals thereof. The festivals have changed so much as to actually repel me away. I live my life in disgust when interacting with the current Cajun culture events available because I see at these events, more than anywhere else, the obvious and radical changes of the reality and pace of the Cajun Life. It has not improved in my humble and disgruntled opinion. I see more of what was lost than I see gained, and for some reason, I cannot fool myself into thinking otherwise. I used to be all over these festivals and public jam sessions when I got interested in learning accordion, traveling as far as Chicot Park to attend the Heritage Week, which consequently was the first time I noticed that I was an outcast to the current modern money making Cajun Music Culture. Why and outcast you may ask. And I would answer...because I didn't have the money nor the inclination it took to spend a week with the supposed Cajun accordion instructor experts that were there at Chicot Park. Why in the hell would I pay for such a thing? There were still old timers living right down the road from my house that played accordion better than these experts could. They couldn't teach accordion for ****, but they sure could play the music. I guess I wanted to be able to say that Steve Riley or some other hot shot like him had taught me how to play accordion in a weeks time. Pahaha, I laugh at that notion now a days because I realize how ridiculous it is. You can't learn accordion in a freakin week or by watching someone play it on stage!!!!!!! It takes at least a half lifetime to learn and master it if you're lucky. And you're not going to get that mastership by paying $700 to camp out at Chicot Park or by spending $10 on a gat dam cup of gumbo. In fact, you'll only get sidetracked and distracted from the true path. I stand by my comment earlier and I will not change my point of view until I see good reason to or an improvement within the Cajun Preservation Community to change my point of view. Cajun Preservation Community << I'd laugh myself silly if it wasn't such a sad thing. I saw the times when we didn't have to preserve Cajun life. It just was. We were strong, free, independent, connected, and even joked about and laughed at outsiders and their "green" ways. Not meaning environmental friendly "green". Green as in lost and ignorant to our Cajun Ways. Now, we have none of those things. All lost permanently or being lost slow and sure and most importantly of all "EXPLOITED".

If the link don't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bde5gPAvOgo.

Yes, we were a closed minded people because we were a closed community to the outside world. That's just the way it was.

By the way, at the dance hall, can you spot the non Cajun dancers? One of them is a woman wearing a striped Mardi Gras dunce hat. I didn't say dance hat, I said dunce hat. LOL. There were only two non Cajuns that I spotted. The rest were the real deal.

I agree with most of what you said. I suggest you find the few Cajuns left in your area, drink some coffee and talk about those good ole days. I till people at my jam that I have been doing for over 7 years here in Thibodaux that the accordion saved the language to some degree once. But it won't do it again. If you want to sing along with the music when they are playing J'ai été au Bal you have to learn every version out there and that goes for every song being recorded today. They did that to years ago but the song still had a story. Not today. Decisions about the entertainment for Cajun festivals is being made by people that moved here. All I can do for my culture now is speak about it "Comme C'etait"

Hey Jerry, appreciate that comment. You are definitely one of the few willing to bring forth the "ugly" truth. I specialize in it, and lots of times people don't like it much because it screws up their perceptions of their all "hunky dory" realities. I want them to "TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS" and see, so that they know the bigger picture. "Don't shoot the messenger!"

Some time back, in downtown Lafayette, Louisiana Folk Roots organization was offering meet and greets down at their building. They would email you if you were on their mailing list and let you know what musician was coming up and you could go there on a certain day and watch them play and ask questions or make comments. I went (one time) and never went back!

The musician I went to see was Christine Balfa herself! Out of about 15 people in there with me, there were 3 Cajun musicians that I remember. Christine, myself, and my uncle who I had brought with me thinking he'd be impressed like I was with my new involvement in the Culture restoration. Well he wasn't and neither was I for that matter. Hardly no Cajuns interested enough to go. Only foreignors. Again,I guess I was trying to rub elbows with the big shots by going there and getting me some bragging rights as to who I associated with and who I knew in the Cajun Music Community, and maybe learn a little something in the process. I am a 4th generation accordion player from a family of Cajun farmers and cattlemen. Working class stiffs. We are the unknowns. The types that do not seek to record songs or get on stage too much. I wanted to see if just maybe my family name could get to be known like the Balfa's were well known. Pahhaha, not a chance buddy! My extended family had been playing Cajun music just as long or longer than the Balfa's, just hadn't been noticed. Maybe my GrandPaw should have left his farm and family behind and went to the Newport Folk Festival with Dewey and the Boys eh?

Christine and the "foreignor lady" that organized the meet and greet were going on and on about Dewey Balfa and the Balfa Brothers.
Well I had a question on my mind for Christine that I wanted to ask in front of everyone. I had been amazed by all the self proclaimed "students" of Dewey Balfa making a name for themselves on the Cajun Music scene. They were using his frikin name to elevate themselves above the rest! Oh, yeah, they made sure to let everyone know or have it perceived that they learned from or played with Dewey Balfa! My question to Christine was, "Where did your dad learn how to teach the music?" I asked her this question because I knew for a fact that most all of our old accordion masters didn't know how to teach students how to play the accordion, and for that matter, the fiddle players too. You learned by watching and listening and going off on your own to practice. You sure as hell didn't sit there for hours on end with an old master picking through each button on the accordion or each string on the fiddle! They would have dismissed you in a few minutes or dealt with you in a gruff manner if you couldn't get the point that they didn't have that kind of time or patience. WEll, you could have heard a pin drop when I asked that question to Christine. She couldn't answer me. The Yankee organizer jumped in and said a few words that didn't satisfy me much and they moved on. Dismissed me right there in front of everyone! You see, I was trying to bring a very touchy subject into the light and they made me look like I was out of order for trying. Didn't even give me a chance to get deeper into the point. They didn't want to hear the hidden real ugly truth. That there are a lot of non deserving "Cajun" and "Non Cajun" entities that are riding on the coat tails of our Old Masters to make a got dam dollar! And there are legitimate local Cajun musicians out there that don't get given the time of day even though some of them could literally smoke Steve Riley with their accordion playing and song styles they learned from the dead and gone unknown real Cajun musicians. In fact, I bet I myself could play a version of "The Hicks Wagon Wheel" that would make Marc Savoy jealous that he never played it that way first. I could also play a hidden version of Chere Tout Tout that would make Steve Riley drop to the ground in the fetal position and suck his thumb when he heard it. LOL. Both versions of these songs I learned from obscure unknown simple Cajun working class stiffs. They knocked my socks off when I heard them as a youngster. Caught my attention. Got in my head. The popular versions of these songs that we always hear on the Cajun radio stations didn't even get my attention the way these old gentlemen did when they played the songs in their original unknown styles. What's my point? I've partially made my point. More to come in the future. I don't want to come across as some kind of troll, so I'll sign off for now.

You and I could get along ok I think Jerry. Not like at first. Remember the pink panty thing? Yeah, that was me you did that to. No, I did not and cannot forget that little chestnut. It burnt a hole in my soul. Hahaha

Greezy, I have to say it sure is nice to have you bring all this up. I agree with you 100%. I could not stand to go to a festival to hear our music when I could hear just as good or better at my camp or at someone's house for a supper. And after looking at all the bands lined up to play there, I realized that I would really only like hearing 1-2 of them play live. (Jason Frey, Robert Jardell) Nothing against the other bands as they are all amazing musicians. Several of them are personal friends of mine. Not just musicians that I spoke to on a bandstand somewhere, but friends who have been at my house cooking a supper and drinking beer without a mention of music. Just friends hanging out. But these days it seems most of the better known groups are better known because of out of state or out of country fans who make trips here to see them.
I guess I just miss the good old days. I am lucky to have lived my entire life in the heart of great music (Basile,La) As a kid in the 70's my dad either worked in or owned a bar and I got to hear so many unbelievable musicians. (Yes, I was in the bar as a 12 or 14 year old. My job was to bring beer to the men playing cards in the back)But the bands playing at my dads bar did not travel out of state, country, or even out of town to play a big festival for people from around the world. They got off of work in the fields, grabbed their accordion, and headed to the bar.
I have a lot more to say about this but have work to get to. To be continued later.

Thanks Mr Bertrand. You named two accordion players that I respect a lot. Never met either one of them, but watched them do over the years. Robert Jardell, I do appreciate his style, but I don't see him no more. Did he go off grid? Jason Frey, excellent player. I was told about Jason Frey by an old now deceased friend. The next time I saw Jason Frey play an accordion, my old friend was proven correct. That boy can play! The old friend was the maker of "Teche Brand Accordions". He shared many secrets with me about accordions, and he did all the adjustments I asked him to do for free! He was poor like the grass is green, but he didn't want money. Now that's a true friend!

I can only imagine the memories you have stuck in you head from working at your Dad's bar as a youngster. Priceless. And I can relate to a lot of them I bet. We had a similar place we went to in my neighborhood and yes I was the beer fetcher for whoever held up their can and looked at me. The men playing cards and drinking while a big square pot of chicken fricasse' was cooking on the old gas stove in the corner of the local grocery store rumpus room. Doc's was what it was called. Not a word of English spoken all night! Unbelievable! I'd go back to them times in a heartbeat and not look back. I'd stay there.

My guess is that you do play accordion Dav'id?

I hear what y'all are saying, I really do. The festival does not have the feel of the old dance halls, and it sure doesn't have the feel of a porch or kitchen (my favorite music environments), but consider that the old people when each of us were young probably thought the same of the nostalgic environment we're thinking of. It's never not been changing.

So some musicians seem haughty, I get that, but I personally know several that were playing on stage this weekend that I consider friends that I like and respect, so I just overlook the ones I don't care for.

The main thing, is if we left music in the porches and kitchens, it would die except for a handful of us. Events like this reach a lot of people, including young folks in La. If we reach them in an even like this, and they become interested in the music and culture, isn't that better than never reaching them at all?

The music scene is changing, just like it was when Iry and Nathan came on the scene. Imagine how many old fiddlers whined when the accordion was taking over, and now that's considered "traditional". What pains me much more that this is the loss of our language and customs. I want to scream every time I hear a Cajun say "crackling" instead of graton. How's that for petty?

Bryan, now that's what I'm talking about! It's gratins got dammit! LOL You're right about the loss of our culture and customs, and yes the Festivals do their part to keep the younger people and outsiders interested in the Cajun music. I just wished they weren't so tainted. I know that our past as Cajun musicians and just regular Cajun people is not all perfect. You know too, I can tell. There was some ugliness going on back then I am very sure. I often got into arguments and throwing schicks with older people that were there to see it.
I once heard my Grandmother tell about seeing Iry Lejeune play in person. It was in Lake Arthur, La and they went to see a band at some dancehall which I can't recall. When they got there, situated on the side of this dancehall, was a little open shack. In that open shack all by himself was Iry Lejeune showing off his accordion playing probably trying to steal the show from the goings on inside the dancehall or to advertise what he was capable of to make a name for himsalf. She said he looked like a nobody! And she said it with disgust. But she also said....that man sure could play that accordion though! This was all she said about the memory. I'll never forget how she seemed to think of him or towards him. It's as if she didn't like him, but knew he was the cat's pajamas on accordion and couldn't argue with that much. Crazy huh?

Greezy, I'll say again. It sure is refreshing to read your post on here. I have not visited this page near as often as I used to because I was starting to think I was the only one who thought like that. But your post have me checking in a lot more now just to read your thoughts on our culture and music. Bryan Lafleur and I have enjoyed many a cold beer together either surrounded by Mardi Gras runners in Basile or at his parents home in Mamou, and I can honestly say some of the best music I have heard was in his dads back yard surrounded by friends and smoke from the fire pit. If you ever feel like joining us for a few cold ones and some good food, you are more than welcome buddy.

Dave, where's Bryan's dad live? What town only, don't give an address on here. I'll keep the invite in mind cause that sounds like my kind of thing, but I can only imagine what it would be like for me and you guys if I'd show up over there. How I'd have to iron out the reputation that may proceed me. LOL, all the controversy and bitterness that clings on me. Maybe I could show up in full Mardi Gras regalia and glue the mask to my face so's you guys couldn't take it off and maybe park down the road and walk in so yall can't see my license plate. Haha.

You don't have to ask David, my dad lives near Mamou. Mom put a stop to our gatherings there, unfortunately, so we have to seek other environments. The gatherings are always smallish, and invitation only. You'd probably be invited, as you seem our kind of people, but you'd have to reveal yourself to at least somebody. No bad reputation precedes you, I do not wear my feelings on my shoulder, and enjoy talking to people I disagree with, but I doubt we disagree much, just have different perspectives, and that's good. Besides that, I don't generally make my mind up about people from someone else's opinion or via internet exposure. The glue on the mask would only make it a mild challenge, and possibly painful. I'm a fireman by trade and one of my greatest joys is a locked door. Jason Frey has been a recent regular at our gatherings, and you're right, he's coming along nicely on that box, heh heh. But he comes because he's a nice guy and fits in with the crowd. Our recent place of gathering is a very old house in the prairie, with incredible acoustics in a kitchen/dining room that has seen a lot of music for more than a couple generations, and is my favorite setting for our music. The proximity to the kitchen has also been quite handy.

Cool then, no glue on the mask. No mask either. Jason Fry and I have or had a mutual friend. See below video. The fiddler. He was also the maker of Teche accordions. Gone now to the blue yonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMkiK32FBI

I'll check back with you over time. I'm still working on stepping foot out into the world. Makes me nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof!

Those acoustics in that old house would be a much welcome thing. I also had the same experience playing in a old (all cyprus wood interior) bar. Nothing to baffle the sound except the clothes we had on. And I never forgot that sound! It was like we stepped back in time. Even smelled old in there, but in a good way. Not mildew, but the old wood smell.

Do yall require drunkedness before the music starts? Or do yall pace it out evenly from sober to eventual drunkedness? I can go either way or without, makes no difference. Although my body shakes when I'm on the whiskey.... Looks like I'm freezing to death and my teeth chatter to where I can hardly talk, but other than that, I'm ok. LOL

I bought my first accordion from John Hebert in the late 70's. I asked every old accordion player to teach me, they all said the same thing "you can't teach dat, you have to have it in your head." Well I had it in my heart but couldn't send that information to my fingers. I went to a 3 day Balfa Camp, had a good time drank some beer and didn't learn ****. Thanks to Jimmy Breaux, Steve Riley, Paul Daigle and a couple of lessons from Ray Abshire I learned how to play enough to play with other musicians. I have no use for Balfa Camp. But I appreciate the guys that taught me to play.

In case you didn't see this video that was on LPB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkdG60Qd_-I

Also I wrote my fist song and it is available on iTunes and Floyd's Record Shop for 99 cents. The title is "The Chickens Know It's Mardi Gras" buy and support my music it cost a lot of money to get the thing on the radio..

Jerry

Good video Jerry. I hadn't seen this ever. Judy pulled at my heart the way she reacted while she was doing her spot. She obviously longs for the better times like we do. Portland Oregon? Geez she came a long way. Is there some kind of movement going on here where peeps from California, Oregon, Michigan come to South Louisiana to leave everything they know behind and start over. Something's going on. First migrant I ever met was Tina Pelione that works over at the Savoy Music Center. Lived out the back of a truck sometimes I think. Now she's making accordions like she was born on the Bayou Teche or something.

I really believe that the only way we will get back what was lost is to reject modern society, all learn to speak Cajun French again, and go back to doing hard work and playing harder. I don't see it happening. Too many people, too little space, too many points of view, and way way too much got dam money seeking and drug use above all else.

Great video Jerry. You and your wife really have it. I am most impressed.

G-Mac, I sincerely thank you for your comments. You are so right on.

In 2002, I was hit by a car while riding my bicycle to work in Sacramento. I moved back to Tokyo shortly after and could not play the guitar (I had played for money for many years but my left hand was munched), so on a lark I bought an accordion from Junior Martin.

I totally got into it, was completely mesmerized by the Cajun/Creole music culture. Because I was so very far from Louisiana, I started the Cajun Accordion Discussion Page which eventually morphed into this place. I practiced my butt off and got to be able to play okay.

But something always bothered me -- I am not a Cajun, this was not my culture, I'm stealing something here. When I moved back to California I went over to Danny Poullard's house a few times before he passed and he was most helpful. There were always a bunch of people from the Bay area who were very protective of their stand in that scene. It was very ingrown and once again, I thought, I don't want to intrude on another's culture that was rooted in deep, deep soil.

I stopped playing accordion until recently. Now I play again, but only at home for my own amusement. I'm Irish for the most part and Irish music has been completely submerged under a bunch of other folks. The music is there, not the culture and the blood, sweat and tears behind it. Please don't lose your culture to a bunch of folks who are not grounded in it.

I would love to hear you play. :- )

Sincerely,

Tommy Quinn

Tommy Quinn, I wanted to thank you for creating the Cajun accordion discussion page. I did not know it was you. Another unsung hero! I wish more Cajun musicians would come here, especially the professional accordion or fiddle players. They're either unaware of the bravenet, or they are avoiding it on purpose. I saw Jaime Bearb (Cajun fiddle, accordion, and vocalist) on here once trying to sell an accordion. He was in and out like a fart in the wind, didn't have much to say. Just trying to make a buck it seemed. No interest in staying to chat. It would help us all to hear these "big hitter's" input on the matters at hand. I can say for certain that there are a couple generations of Cajun accordion players that have a lot of concerns and gripes. Accordion players that had to start out on their own because they watched older family connected accordion players die off before they took interest in playing themselves. This accordion discussion is a great advantage to help iron out some uncertainties, and also to address the uncertainties yet to come.
Sorry about your left hand. I know an accordion player that lost his left hand pointer finger (he was going to be a fiddle man before the accident. He can play the seconds side, but struggles with them as he's missing the finger that plays the top chord button. He plays the keyboard just fine, I just can't help but to think that his rhythm will suffer over all. But he can tap his feet to make up. That's how fiddle players do it. Timing is kept with the feet and the fiddle matches up to that timing. Accordion players should do it the same way. "You got to learn to play your feet first", that's what my grandfather told me about the Cajun music. In other words, tap yo feet and get into the rhythm and burn those rhythm's into your heart, mind and soul. Very few accordion players both Cajun and non Cajun know this at soul level. If they did know it, we'd all be witnessing much better accordion playing and presentation out there! Keep it real Tommy Quinn. By the way, are you Japanese? You lived in Tokyo you had mentioned. Because that would be a first for me, a real life genuine Japanese Cajun accordion player. You'd be the talk of the jam sessions if you were. Laters, G-Mac..the G is for ganksta mother f@#$%^&. LOL

Big Thanks G-Mac. No, I'm just white trash Irish... -L- Grew up on an Ohio corn farm, moved to California to play music in the '60s, ended up in Japan for 20 years. Long story.

Years ago, there were a lot more "heavy hitters" on my page but the constant bickering by a few turned them off. There is still a nice core group here. Bottom line is that the music is great and so are the Cajun/Creole folks who have played it for a 100 years. I hope the same can be said a 100 years from now.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!