Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Festivals Acadiens

I listened to the Festival Acadians on KRVS that weekend as I worked around my garage. They had a booth there that they kept mentioning how it was so nice to be right in the middle of everything, and they'd jump around to different stages to let the listening audience hear a variety of musicians. I caught about 2 hours of the program but that's about it. It was ok. I didn't hear anything nor any certain band or song that made me cry nor run to grab my accordion in uncontrollable excitement to play along. In other words, it was a sort of blah-zey affair for me that day. Just like any other Sunday. I did hear some chic singing some crazy stuff during that 2 hours, and that sealed it for me. They, "the organizers" are already importing foreignors to perform in place of the Cajuns. The writing is on the wall and ....."I SAW IT FIRST AND SCREAMED IT TO THE WORLD"

I digress, did anyone happen to catch the prices this year for a small, medium, and large bowl of gumbo? I'm trying to keep records on this matter so I can sue them for price gouging the people..... eventually.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!