Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gabbanelli Cajun King

What color King is it? What key is it in? If it happened to be a shiny black "D", I'd jump on that. In my opinion, the G King could take and hold the name of the "The New Tit Noir". Provided it was in black of course.

Know this, not all G Kings were created equal as for the reeds. Some have better quality reeds in them. The feel and playability are similar on all the ones I've put my hands on, but the sound volume will vary. Especially if the King was originally ordered by an actual accordion maker/dealer who knew what to ask for. Mouton Accordion out of Louisiana was ordering them a while back, a somewhat souped up version of a normal King. Hope you get a good one.

If you experience a lot of air escape when you play your seconds, check the base side air release hole (take the base block off and put some tape over 1/3 of the hole. It will help to push more air over the treble side reeds and it may actually tighten up the feel if it's too loose. It would be akin to asking the Dr. to put a courtesy stitch on a wife that just had a baby.

Not made by Gabbanelli.. perhaps Povirini..
Stand up weird reed blocks.

Quiet
No character

New direct from Gabb on e bay for $800.

Or you could buy the used one from the Button Box for that price.

And maker/distributor/importer/wholesaler that sells direct to the public for the same price they sell to their dealers is commonly known as a market w****.
Also, GABBANELLI USA.. worst customer service of any accordeon company known to me (and most others)

Cheap reeds, modest quality boxes, very poor workmanship and tuning..
USA GABBS are made in a factory with a shirt tail relative, who had never been in the accordion biz, as its manager because his last name is GABBANELLI.
Elio Gabbanelli the real and original GABBANELLI ACCORDEON CO. sued USA GABB to prohibit the sale of GABBANELLI branded accordeons in ITALY and Europe; and won... FACT.

I disagree..
I would rather have a REGAL/GALOTTA/WELTMEISTER
or better yet a Hohner HA114 and tweak it.
Particularly German made..
And HOHNER has discontinued the one rows.

I wouldn't know about Gabbenelli USA customer service. Never had to get back with them on an issue yet. If I would have an issue with it, Mouton Accordions would fix it for me. At a charge of course.

New rule of thumb, NEVER BUY AN ACCORDION UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED IT! And played it often enough to know for certain that it is a safe and sound puppy. Or demand all issues be fixed before purchase. Period.

The days where you order an accordion and "HOPE FOR THE BEST" but seldom get it.... should be over!

The day I purchase an accordion off the internet or order one and have to pay upon it's completion is the day hell freezes over. Even sellers with good intentions can sell you a pile of Sh!% without really realizing it.

That's my stance and I won't budge from it. I'll quit playing accordion before I ever walk toward a cliff again in the dark of night. Sorry builders, new rule.... "You Don't Tell Me, I TELL YOU!" That's how it should be when you really and truly know what you're shopping for.

Having had my share of sleazy dealings with accordion makers/sellers...

My list of trustworthy individuals can be counted on one hand...

" That's my stance and I won't budge from it. I'll quit playing accordion before I ever walk toward a cliff again in the dark of night. Sorry builders, new rule.... "You Don't Tell Me, I TELL YOU!" That's how it should be when you really and truly know what you're shopping for."

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!