Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The First Family of Cajun Music

The declaration of the University of Berkely, CA that a "First Family" of Cajun music exists! The students of Berkely are obviously infatuated with this influential Cajun family of musicians. 4 decades worth of performances at Berkely! WOW. No wonder Cajun music seems to have a lot of democratic liberal types moving in lately. I would have never thunck it possible until I seen it with my own eyes in the linked article below. It takes a while to load, but when it does, there you have it. A back hand slap to the face! And from Berkely no less. What a cess hole.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/06/30/the-first-family-of-cajun-music-freight-and-salvage-and-ashkenaz/

Just stirring the pot.

Re: The First Family of Cajun Music

Greezy, I'm okay with pot stirring but can we be clear. Is it that you do not think the Savoy family should be considered a 'first family of Cajun music', is it that you see Berkeley as some kind of evil entity, is it that unless it is a local opinion then it is not valid or is it something else entirely?

Mr. Guy, you hit the nail on the head. LOL

Hah! Nice Greezy. It's important to stir the pot on occasion, lest the jumbalaya burn.

I just wish we could get some folks here to Eugene, OR.

John in Oregon

I enjoyed the article Greezy! Thanks for posting.

Music sooths the savage beast. :)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!