Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Andre Thierry tore up Fort Bragg CA last night...

The man CAN play !!!
He's a favourite of mine....on my bucket list to go to a LIVE gig of his one day. Occasionally there are shows where Andre, Corey Ledet, Jeffrey Broussard and Chubby are on the bill....those guys are ALL OVER the triple rows ...but Andre has that Piano Accordion as his mainstay.
Next time you see a festival line up with those guys on the list just find the $$$ and get there. I've seen all of them LIVE many times, except Andre. Was one time I thought his vocals were a little under strength but not so much now.

BTW...It was Andre I saw on video once who placed himself in his band at the extreme left..not front and centre, as would normally be the case. I tried it in my band and find it a really good move to be in a position where I can eyeball all the instrumentalists ( and particularly the drummer ) and vice versa...especially if you have a new member or two, or guest player, in the line-up.

andre is just the best!
period.
at everything he does.

wle

Andre Thierry Live on Accordeonale in Germany (Mainz)
Very impressive to me
See link#2

Bloody Brilliant !!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!