Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Iry Lejeune's Killer Identified

Also, on the continuation of the first article on page 6 (the smaller article) is very hard to read. It says Lejeune and Fusiller were working on the rear left tire in the west bound lane and a car plowed into Fusiller's car which caused the injuries to both men. The troopers had not yet questioned Fusiller, but said they would after Fusiller recovered enough to be a reliable witness. It also states that when questioned, this Holt fellow said that Lejeune had already been hit by another car before his (Holt's) car was involved in the accident. He denied it outright! Dam Cracker! What the hell was he doing all the way in Louisiana that night. The SOB should have stayed in Houston where he belonged. But of course, he could be innocent and there really was a "mystery car" that had hit and killed Iry before Holt hit Fusiller's car. Highly unlikely. So many factors contributed to Iry Lejeune's death that night. Almost as if fate were against him. The trip to the dance, the flat tire and the broken bottle that caused it, the unfinished shoulder of the road, Fusiller's decision to stop the car on the road, Iry's bad eyesight,this Holt fellow far away from home after midnight. FATE.....

He's believed to be Osa Luther Holt. Luther was an oil field worker from Dayton, TX (near Houston) that traveled to Louisiana often. He stayed the night in the jail and bailed out the next day. I could never find out from the family if he actually did prison time for his negligent homicide. He lived in Jennings later and died in 1969.

Interestingly enough, the police report states Iry and JB were headed westbound but were standing almost in the left lane. They were found 48 feet from the point of impact. So sad.

WF

WF, I was just thinking about your initials. Would you be Wade Falcon? Because if you are, I wanted to thank you. To know what you just typed about Osa Luther Holt, you must be neck deep into Cajun music and history! And if you be Wade Falcon, thanks for all those youtube rare Cajun music videos. Got a couple more questions, but I need to find out what WF stands for first. No worries, I won't vet you out or cause you any grief.

I think people that frequent this page would just as curious as to who you are Geezy. Maybe if we stop hiding behind fake names, legitimacy to this site might return

Jerry

Jerry,

A few years back a discussion group for mandolin players (mandolincafe) asked that folks switch to using their given names. I signed on day one as di many others to follow.

The entire nature and climate of the discussion group changed to informative and civil.

I'm in

Jeff Hildreth

jjhildrethstudios.com

I agree with Jeff H. If you won't reveal who you are - regardless if you use a 'pet' name - you should just keep quiet.

Gene Losey

So, you guys haven't paid attention to what I post because of my nick name? You dismissed all of the information and discussion I have initiated and participated in because of my nickname? How about if I just go away and don't contribute anything at all? Leave you out to hang yourselves or tough it out on your own? Would that suit you? Because I can do exactly that. Either way, I won't lose much at all. Why not, it was done for the most part to me by my very own accordion mentors. This is an example of how it seemed to me trying to learn from these old guys. "Here, let me play this song so you can see how good I am, then you're on your own. Go find you an accordion, spend all kinds of money on it, learn on your own. And when you think you know, come back and I'll play a couple quick songs with no explanation what so ever to show you how good I am again, then it's off with you, "Go away you're botherin me son" because in reality, I don't know much about explaining the accordion to you, I just play by ear until it comes out right. Nobody ever taught me." Hearing the last part of the above sentences would have been nice to know from my mentors. Poor ole *******s hardly had a clue how to teach accordion or explain things. In hindsight, I would have loved to have made a phone call to these old accordion players and asked them to explain in words only, the deepest secret and best learning methods they could think of when it came to accordion mastery. LOL, I can imagine how well they would've done at that. Probably would have hung up on me. Look fellas, it shouldn't matter who I am. What I am should be clear enough by my posts. If you're having a problem with that, then I don't know what else to do for you. You seem like the types that like to say "I learned from so and so" or I associated with so and so, just so you can put a feather in your own hat as to your standing in the who's who in the Cajun accordion world. Jerry, I figured you to be beyond this crap. What, did you let your medication slip or something brother? I am dam near a mirror image of your very own constitution when it comes to accordion playing and Cajun music. (A purist that wants to find out what the word is, and then spread the word.) Or are you just moody like that sometimes. Or maybe I could just do a video and fix this whole identity thing. Can't win you guys' respect and trust by mere words and information I guess. Yall must not read books too often I guess if the author doesn't put his picture on the back cover and use his real name. Must not have liked Tom Sawyer too much eh? That dam fake named SOB Mark Twain. Who does he think he is?! If WF doesn't want to tell me his name, then that's fine by me. I completely understand that. Getting yourselves all hung up on a name. Jeez, you'd think there were more important things to do with your time and efforts.....Ok, ok, I've thought it over. My real name is.......Etienne Marceaux. LOL if you want to believe that, then that's what it'll be from now on.

I read part of your rambling post about keeping the real you hidden for the group. I don't need Geezy to teach me anything about Cajun music, culture or anything as a matter of fact. I haven't learned anything from you this far so if you choose to remain a ghost writer then I must inform you I don't believe in ghost

Jerry

Good luck then Mr Moody. Suit yourself. See you on the jam session scene some day when I decide to get back to doing that sort of thing. Can't wait to let you watch me play! LOL

Come to Thibodaux I have a very successful jam sessions that I have been doing for over 7 years. I have been on Fox 8 News New Orleans, LPB state wide. I have been interviewed by reporters from all over the world. LouisianaTravel.com listed 7 must see cultural events in the state, our jam was number 1 on the list. So bring yourself down to Thibodaux and you may end up being interviewed too. Oh my jam is billed as entertainment and education. I know what I am talking about and don't let my last name fool you. My father wasn't Cajun, but he did speak french but my paternal grandmother was a Thibodeaux and my maternal grand parents were Ricard/Mire.

As far as seeing you play I am not really interested. But I would like to hear you sing the original songs or the version that was standardized. Cause that is what we do. Oh did you buy my song yet? The Chickens Know It's Mardi Gras turns our it was a success. If you don't believe me ask Paul Marx with KBON or Rick Nesbitt with KEUN for example

Jerry

I agree with Jerry. Greezy you don't really contribute anything helpful to the forum but persistent rambling. You consistently throw well known popular Cajun artists under the bus and talk yourself up like you are some kind of hidden master Cajun accordionists. You don't back up any of your technique talk and critiques with actual videos or sound clips, but yet "you know best". Instead, you prefer to post videos of other Cajun accordion masters to try and get your points across. All this while hiding under a fake name. Sounds to me like you're just a sore, bitter outsider.

Well there GF. What I'm doing must be good enough to keep your intent interest. From your comment, you've been paying close attention and I appreciate that. With me, you have to read between the lines somewhat. I usually bait with some interesting topic, then turn the world on its head for massive effect. Gets into people's heads I think. Stays there too. Thanks for the encouragement to keep doing exactly what I've been doing. Read and ponder my friend....read and ponder.

What an ass. Get a life coward.

What's your name GF?

Come on Geezy, you are full of it dude or dudette, we don't know. I didn't see the harm of identifying yourself but for some reason you do. I used to go by Le Piquant and I stopped because my sack is equipped with the real thing.

And you chose not to reply to my post. I am not impressed with fancy accordion playing for example I don't care on bit for Wayne Toups playing. To me presentation is more important than fancy finger work.

Jerry

Jerry, I have replied to your post. And you are right about fancy accordion playing. I don't care for it, but it has become part of accordion playing! I am capable of doing it if need be. I had to learn it to be able to shut down any and all of the show-offs if I ever came across one, lol. I am well aware for example that Aldus Roger was able to burn up his accordion with only 3 to 4 buttons. My grand father was able to do the same thing with the simplest of button sequences. And all that quick finger work done behind the pick up mic sort of out of sight of the onlooker. Aldus didn't even crack a smile most of the time. His clothes were as plain as could be. He actually ate a hotdog before one of his sets. Got up on stage and began to play, leaned over and threw up that hotdog to the side and never missed a lick on the song. He wasn't a pretty fellow and he sure wasn't fancy. But yet he is remembered in history. Whether people liked him or not, he is remembered. Wayne Toups has his show style, but I can assure you, unplugged and offstage, he can play it well and in some cases just as good as Iry Lejeune! But no big deal, so can I. If fancy or non fancy finger work brings about a favorable presentation that everyone or almost everyone enjoys, then by all means! Do it! It sounds like you need to talk Jerry? Do you need a friend in me? hehehe

what the hell does that have to do with the topic? The topic is why do you hide behind a fake name and by the way say Hi to Hebert in Kaplan.

Jerry

LOL GF. Don't get upset now friend. But while we're at it...could you define or go into more detail about what "a life" should consist of or your idea of what it should be. Maybe I'm not living mine to it's fullest potential due to my own ignorance of some great enlightenment that has gone completely over my head. Could you elaborate please? Don't just leave me hanging like this. Maybe in your many lifetimes, you found the answer. Please share it with all of us for God's sake! Because this is only my first lifetime on this planet. Unlike you, I plan on getting it right on this first go round, because "I'm never coming back." Did you catch all that? Lots of esoteric meaning right there my friend! Twisty as hell it is!

Nom de Plume

jjhildrethstudios.com

Full disclosure.

Re: Nom de Plume

It's that easy

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!