Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bravenet subscription renewed - Donations welcomed :-)

Still willing to pony up but I won't use PayPal.

Just give me enough info to help out.

Bravenet Pendant Re: Bravenet subscription renewed - Donations welcomed :-)

Hey Big Nick. Why don't you come up with some sort of medallion or pendant that an accordion player could display on the inside or outside of their accordion box or even wear as a pin on their collar? Something nice and flashy, but tasteful that would identify bravenet participants to one another at jams etc and to the rest of the world? Create or buy that medallion or pin online for a cheap price and sell it for double to anyone interested.

Display of such a medallion or pin could or would signify a "certain advanced understanding" of the accordion as compared to someone who has never heard of the Bravenet Cajun Accordion Discussion Group. Hell, if these medallions start to catch on, you might double or triple participation from more local Louisiana accordion players coming in here to see what it's all about after they catch a glimpse of one of the medals while they're out and about in the accordion world. Maybe they'll ask the Brave what the medal or pin is for. And the Brave can simply say "Cajun Accordion Discussion Group. Be sure to put the medallion on the main bravenet page so's everyone can get used to it subconsciously and eventually feel the need to possess it for themselves. Like it was a badge of honor.

I may have gone silent, but I still have lots of ideas in my head. Here's one of them to cover your cost of the webpage. Maybe you can find a medal on amazon that would fit the Bravenet nicely? I myself was handed a very nice merit medal once by a couple from France after playing my accordion for a group of people they happened to be part of. The man said it was a medal from WW I. It was a German Medal. It was a cool gesture for them to do that for me. I keep it in my accordion case to this very day for if I ever see them again in the future.

Bravenet Pendant Re: Bravenet subscription renewed - Donations welcomed :-)

Turn the Bravenet into a "Brotherhood" Nick. Yes, that's it! A got ****ed Brotherhood! You know, like them free masons or something like that maybe. My accordion "Riff" could be the pass code perhaps. If I'm ever able to release it on video that is.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!