Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Greezy Has Left The Building

ow. Sorry bout your thumb.

Thumb

Thanks,

Hit by a car 30 plus years ago. Shattered my left wrist and hand/thumb. Broke the ball off my right shoulder etc. 2 surgeries and 2 years without being able to play any instruments.. guitar was my thing.

For the last 2 years seriously degenerating muscle mass in my left arm. Serious and intolerable level 10 pain at the base of the thumb.. locked up wrist. Could not play accordeon because I could not hold the bass side up.

Could not take any more..no intermediate action such as cortisone worked.
had to go the full monty...
Remove the bone... take a tendon through a hole my forearm. cut it at the wrist. pull it through the hole , split it lengthwise.. reinsert.. half to the original location and the other half tied to the base of the thumb to keep it in place.
Thumb is now 1/2 " shorter and in a different location.. but I have it, and it works.
9 weeks in casts... wimpy therapy so I dropped it and did my own.. They said 4 months to get to a point where the majority of the mobility was back.. I did it in 4 weeks and still have a ways to go.. but I'm not driving 400 miles round trip once a week for a total of 8 to get stroked...

Pain at the base of the thumb nearly gone lots of grip power and flexibility is back..

Serious arthritis in the other joints of the thumb still bad and according to the medicos no fix... live with it.

This is not carpal tunnel stuff (which is bad enough.. I had it and worked through it many years ago), this is far more serious. Hope none of you faces this.

can y'all believe this bull****? he is the most courageous? Man I don't know who you are and for that I am thankful. I have met my share of stupid ****s in my life therefore my quota has been reached. If you don't play in a band, and you don't play at jams, where do you show this extraordinary skill? Do you have a dog? A wife? A boyfriend?

Jerry

Greezy McGill Shall Stay

We can't wait for the next in a series of "accordion riffs"

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!