Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Info on Randy Falcon accordions

This whole thread was a pretty interesting read. You should all go back and view the entire thread. You too Piquant. LOL. All the bickering and passion! Brian, you handled yourself well against Randy. That dude is a very argumentative son of a b**** LOL. He's worse than me!

Let me put to rest the myth of the best accordion. You can take a guy and have him play a top of the line Martin, Acadian, Acadiana, Sterling, Regal, Globe, Monarch, Bon Temps, Lanse Gris, Starling, Falcon, Professional, Cajun Brand, Teche, Foreman, Mouton, Sidney Brown, or Gabenelli King accordion. Then someone like me can come along with a $10 little toy accordion that you can buy at the truck stops along I-10 in Louisiana, and put him to shame with one song even to the point that he begins to worship me and my playing ability, and wants to take lessons from me for money even. It all comes down to the player and what he prefers as his "TOOL" to make good Cajun music. Pretty is just a bonus. Color is just a look. Name brand popularity is just a bonus. The playing ability and the way a player presents him or herself and the music is and always will be what matters. The feel and sound of the accordion come right after that. And this feel and sound may vary by accordion. No two accordions, even made by the same maker, are the same.

FALCON accordions have been made popular by Wayne Toups, but its the power of the name FALCON as it goes with Cajuns. FALCON means to a lot of younger and even older Cajuns...."BAD ASS ACCORDION". Its the way it's pronounced down here Fal K'ON that seems to be a big influence on a lot of accordion players. As if it were the greatest AUTHORITY of all accordions. But I will smoke your FALCON with that $10 toy accordion if I have to. Hahaha. I wonder for how much longer Randy Falcon will be making FALCONS. I wanted to go try out his brand before he quits building. And maybe sell one of my children to the black market to be able to afford one of them dual key boxes of his. If I like the way they play, that is. I don't need no name brand or popular accordion to make my playing any better than it already is. LOL. Wayne Toups would cry and hug me if I played just one song for him. LOL, it only takes one song. Look at Canray Fontenot. Barres de la Prison. The only song that man ever had to play defined his essence. Just one gat dam song!

Time to call bullsh*t!

Greezy,

You can make Wayne Toups weep by playing a $10 toy accordion? And hug you, too? C'mon, Greezy, the drugs are taking their toll on you.

1. Where can you buy a toy accordion for $10?

2. If you can achieve such excellent results on a toy, they why own anything else?

3. For all the talk, we haven't heard a single note of music produced by your hands.

You have given us NO reason to believe you can play a lick. If you pontificate, then you must demonstrate.

When may we expect your video post? We don't demand Perrodin in the 3rd position, just give us a simple sampling, your choice of tunes. You CAN, can't you?

-Testy in Texarkana

Re: Time to call bullsh*t!

Don't be too hasty. I can assure you that my intent is that everyone climb the ladder and then kick it out from under us. Then float down from above as we were meant to do. Bull Sh*t won't do that. It's not sufficient enough. It is good that you are skeptical of all this. Keeps you on them double jointed toes of yours. LOL. Now go and play with your Cajun Pandora's Box. You have the rest of your life to master it. But watch out for them last 10-5 years. They have a way of biting you on the ass really hard if you are not prepared brother.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!