Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Two steps and waltzes hardly anyone plays anymore

Don't ever question my dedication to Cajun French music greazy. Just because I have not replied to WF for his great suggestions doesn't mean that I have not looked into it nor started to learn new songs. I will always be a student of the accordion and now fiddle till the day I die. I have put countless hours into my Accordion and fiddle. All I asked for was songs that no one plays anymore because the current line up of songs I play is beginning to be repetitious. And who the hell are you to say that I am not worthy to play this music that I love so dearly for someone? I have sat in and played with some of the greatest bands and musicians to ever play Cajun music. There have been nights were I have stayed up for hours practicing, learning, and playing... Hell at times I even have put my high schooling and day job on the back burner so I can practice this craft.

Every forum has folks who like to poke and troll, don't fall for the bait.

In going through those very old recordings, like you, looking for recordings not done much anymore, I stumbled onto Slim Doucet. Only two recordings I know of, but love them both, Waxia Special (later recorded by Steve Riley) and Chere Yeux Noirs (not same tune as Lawrence Walker's). There's quite a few like that.

Another thought is going through old fiddle tunes, and seeing if any can be put to the bellows.

Yep, check out that old music like WF listed, and what's on Neal's "Hadacol It Something" site. It's a shame some of them old tunes have faded away. Octa Clark also has a few that aren't heard in the dance halls much. Also some of the new groups, like Lost Bayou Ramblers and Pineleaf Boys have some good original tunes. No doubt hearing the same few songs over and over get old.

I am amazed that all you people would allow this dick licker to make such an uncalled for comment like that to Brandon. What you all like you peter pulled by a no body? You sit there playing with this ******* clown like he's your friend. I for one would tell this sleezy ***** to his face what a ******* idiot he is. Unfortunately we have no idea who or what it is that goes by the name greezy

Jerry L Moody

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!