Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: cajun music radio.com

It's a good 'un. It's unfortunate the name of the tune / artist does not appear on the app, and there's no dj to present the tunes. Frustrating.
I usually just listen to KBON or KRVS

well I listen to it on my laptop and the page has musician and name of song on it (the page). just discovered the station a while back and the players are the less heared of more obscure bands and/or names that either you havn't heared in a long long time. some I have not heared since I was a kid growing up in south Louisiana. just think that it is a nice tool to have,can hear songs that I don't hear on KBON or KVRS.

Hello, thank you for that! Over here (in France), no problem. Great sound, great programming. The title of the song and the name of the musician are displayed on the screen (even how long the song lasts). And a DJ announces them. Wonderful when you're far from Louisiana !
I have put the site in my favorites.

Bien merci!

Hey,
You guys are right, the titles are displayed on the web. However, I listened to it from their app and there's no title displayed on the app for some reason.
The programming is authentic tho.

yea, just thought that it made an awesome tool to hear a few different musicians and their version of some songs. figure that a different view might be nice. very welcome my friends.

I found CSIR, recently. Cajun Sounds Internet Radio. Run by a nice lady named Gloria Roy. Lately, a little too much country for my taste, but they're based in Texas.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!