Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Lost Style Makes A Comeback

"They all have day jobs". Ha, now that is one loaded statement. I know exactly what you meant Boudreaux. I personally cannot imagine making a living at performing Cajun music. There's just some days I don't want to play an accordion for any amount of money. And it is good to be this way. You cannot become a slave to your talent and dance like a chicken on a hot plate every time the public wants to party.

Did anyone happen to notice the quietest band member of "The Burnt Persimmons"? The guitar man. I don't know if anyone noticed the amount of positive contribution this musician is giving to the overall sound. He's lifting and enhancing the other musicians without being obvious about it. He only has to strum the chords and play his part, but he goes the extra mile to play base(with his left hand fingers), chords, tabs, blends and slides, lead ins, etc. He's even turning toward the other musicians when they're doing their solos and working with them individually to push them into the "zone". Now that, in my book, is something special. The guitar/base player and drummer can act as an anchor and drag the band down if not careful. This guitar player for the Persimmons is no anchor! He is the "Heart". And the "Heart" beat is strong!

Re: The Lost Style Makes A Comeback

Watched the show several times!

(I also wanted to know a little more about the name of this place, Plaquemine brûlé: http://aheguide.com/AboutArea.aspx?Page=church-point.htm)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!