Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SOTM for May - my entry

Just under the wire

I had a lot of trouble with this one. Mostly because I'm working on other things right now and not focusing on this one.

I'll come round on this one again in a while and try the words.

You're being modest Ehren!
No difficulties there.
Nice gentle bounce to it- if it was a beer it would would be bright and hoppy with a smooth body. Well served.

Greezy I appreciate your comments and enjoy your wit, there's no doubting that you genuinely care about folks' development on the instrument- no matter what their background, that's cool with me.

Hey AJ,
I know of a couple C boxes up for sale in the old world. Shoot me an email if you're interested.
Cheers,
OB

Ehren! Man, you "almost" had it! I kept time with you just from listening to your treble buttons. You were stressing the drop beat on your treble side as a Cajun would do. But...you were on and then off on the base side. You'd correct it and then lose the base again and it was just a hair of a beat off at times and would switch to opposite of where you should've been. Playing the top button when you shoulda been hitting the bottom base button. Wanna know why? THE FEET! You have to play your feet to keep your accordion in time my man. Had a couple post about this not long ago. Don't deny your feet and heels or you'll struggle much longer than you need to. Very close.....very close.

Thanks for the feedback Greezy. I agree I have more work to do on this one. I'll keep your comments in mind I as come back to this one later.

Re: AJ Try This On Your B Flat

AJ, this is a song that I've always wondered what key accordion Lynn August was playing it on. I believe it is a B flat. He would be playing in the 2nd position on that B flat in the easy key of "F" on the "pull" I think? Can you give this a try and let me know if it fits with your B flat on the pull? Man I sure hope you know how to check the "Recent Post" link at the top of the forum, or you'll never see this now will ya?

Darn- "video not available".
Thanks though Greezy, I'm familiar with the tune- I'll give it a go.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!