Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Falcon accordion "C"

Greezy, you're a liitle late on this one. I hit it like a choupique on a dough ball.

Glad she found a good home.

Ahahahahahaha Nedro. Classic!

Greezy, little by little, we're peeling away your disguise. Most bayou Cajuns would know that Carp hit doughballs, but Choupique like live bait.

I substituted the Choupique to lend a more Cajun ring to the phrase "like carp hittin' doughballs," and fully expected a correction from an astute Cadien, such as you.

Ha! You took da bait, you! Where you come from?

LOL, Nedro, I come from a place where the choupique eludes most white folks. As far as for the carp, all types of folks that happen to catch them, stomp them or stab them and throw them back in the water. Too much trouble for not so good a fish them carp. Full of bones. Don't taste too good either I'm told. Dats trash dat! Kill dat and throw dat back in! Never et one.

But now, you go through the trouble of catching some choupique and cleaning them and frying me up some choupique balls, I'll be there to eat every last one of them for you. Pahahaha.

Most "real" old school Cajuns fish with dem worms when they fish with a pole. But a lot of the time when nobody's lookin, real Cajuns usually prefer to fish in other ways.
Gill nets, sane nets, pvc pipe traps, old tire traps, hoop nets, trout lines, electric shock devices, and every once in a while, when they can find some, they'll use a stick of dynamite. Pahahahhaha.

They also like to pull troll nets in small drainage canals and catch every dam fish in der, or shoot stranded fish with a 22 rifle when the pla-tanh's (flood flats) start to dry up.
Cajuns are sort of an opportunistic people that learn naughty tricks that the game wardens don't like too much. They learned these naughty tricks from being turned loose on nature with weapons without long term close supervision of adults and elders. The elders were too busy waiting at home in the warm house for the young people to bring dem back someting dats good to eat!

But interesting about the choupique and the doughballs. I did not know that part.

But here's an interesting story you might like. "There was once a federal game warden who got assigned to a certain southeastern Louisiana section. He was hell bent on teaching them dam Cajuns a lesson! He was going to stop them from outlawing them poor defensless ducks if it killed him. He caught so many outlaw Cajun duck hunters and ticketed them and fined them that all the Cajuns started to get mad at him....but he kept on. To make a long story short. That same federal game warden was found floating in the water. He had been opened up, gutted of all his insides, stuffed with dead duck bodies, then sewn back up. No note or anything! They used his dead body to send a got dammed message to the federal government and all the other game wardens! Can you freakin believe that? The case has never been solved to this day. It became a legend and therefore has become more than just a mere crime. It became instruction and lesson to young Cajun hunters. Some of them young hunters were scared and said they'd never do that to somebody. Other young Cajuns, well they kinda liked the idea. So much so, they carried extra buck shot shells when they'd go duck hunting for just in case. Now a days, them game wardens are armed to the teeth and trained extensively, they have the latest technology, support, and equipment and all the federal backup they need. They sure didn't forget that message them simple Cajun duck hunters sent to them back then. Boy, I'll say!

Nedro,

If you look closely you'll notice Greezy and The Blue MAX both share the same IP address on many posts. The IP address is shown underneath your name when you post. A simple IP address location search reveals that "they" are in the Kaplan, LA area.

Sometimes in Kaplan, but not always. Dam IP addresses will be the death of me yet! Got dam the technology! It has become the crux of many a Cajun.

But none the less "Your Friend", I appreciate you being so interested in my efforts that you would actually carry out a IP address search. Wow! You're on a whole different level my friend!

My Friend, You're not far away from me it seems. You're either in Lafayette, New Iberia, or Baton Rouge. That's a big population for me to search, so lets make it simple. Be standing on the corner at the western most redlight in Kaplan at 5:40 pm tonight. There only 2 in the whole town. It should be easy to find I'll pick you up and we can party!

Then we'll drive on over to Thibodeaux Louisiana and pick up Ralph Waldo and we can party with him too! LOL, I'm sure Jerry would love to see us.

Sounds wonderful actually.. I meant no harm from my post. Just pointing out how revealing this site can be.. After all, I could've easily used a VPN or other IP blocker to hide my own location..

Glad you unloaded it. I had a C and also a D Falcon. Hands down the worst accordions I bought and I had a dozen of them at one point. Falcons played stiff and dead and wheezed. At least buying second hand you don't have to deal with Randy saying **** about the other builders including guys he claims are his friends.

Ever heard of the "Rope A Dope" Tommy?
So far on my list I have you over in California, Nedro, and some fella outta Illi"noise" named Dr. Gene that's been here since 2007 and hadn't said hardly 10 words. Jerry's behaving very well, so he's been taken off my list for being a good boy. But here I have all of you guys stepping out of the shadows and jumpin on the band wagon to come and drive nails into my seemingly crucified stick figure. Careful. It's a very slippery and greezy slope up the mountain to reach me, LOL. You might hurt yourself friend. But no worries, I will come down to your level and save you if you get into a bind. I'm an understanding person with the patience of a got dam Pinus Longaeva tree! Ahahaha, I was reading it as Penus Longaeva. But it's pinus with a long eye. ahahahahaha

You guys need to do some serious work on your patience, reading comprehension, satire recognition and overall basic judgment skills. Whew!......(trails off)...some people are so got dam hard to reach!

I started this place 20 years ago loser. It was called "The Cajun Accordion Discussion Page" and it went great guns until this db who called himself Ragin' Cajun came around and did basically what you do. Bull****...

I read a bit of a threat in you ******* comment. Cajun accordion is a very small part of my life. The other stuff you probably don't want to know about.

Still waiting for you to post your stuff hot rod...

Some of us were there.

Congrats on the purchase.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!