Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hohner 112

Hi Rich,

Hohner HA 112 boxes are great.. I have one in A from the 50s that I am resurrecting.

All German and Chinese made Hohners to exclude the Ariette (which is not a Hohner) are played with the "stops" up.

Very few makers use the stops down method of construction.. some Saltarelles and some Serenellinis.

On the Hohner HA 112 there are two reeds for each button.

both in the same octave.. but one tuned slightly higher to give you the typical tremolo accordion sound.

Push one of them down and play... then pull the other stop up.. you will hear the difference.

What key is your accordion ?

Press the third button and then press the bellows this will tell you.. use a guitar tuner or a piano.

Also on the bottom of the keyboard.. you will find a little stamp mark with a C or D or A etc this would be the key.

Do you have a photo of the box.,. like to see it..

The HA 112 is a great box. Congrats.

PS

Do N O T press the bellows unless at least one of the stops is open to let air through.

And N E V E R pick up the accordion by the stops.. NEVER.

LOL. Yeah, you're probably right. Unfortunately, it's become a habit. Oh well.

I agree with Jeff never pick up a box by the stops

How do I adjust the thumb strap, it's not attached with a screw it's more like a rivet. I think it would be easier for me if it were a little tighter. Also the strap on the bass side is loose too but it uses screws to attach it, so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks

Simple answer.. you don't.

Thank you Hohner.

Don't mess with it... learn to play like professionals..
Shoulder strap and thumb on the edge of the keyboard.

If you mess with it you will ruin it and the value of the instrument.

OK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!