Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Castagnari Melodeon for sale

When I said it wasn't getting the attention it deserved, I meant the attention it deserves from me or anyone playing it.

I did not mean it was not getting the attention it deserved from the potential buyers on this board.

I bought it in its current condition. I switched out the shoulder strap with my other accordion the one time I gigged with it.

I thought the Castagnaris were well regarded, but not as much as a LA handmade by the best known makers- especially on this forum- ok.

It would be helpful if you could let me know from watching the video if it is dry tuned? Castagnari Swing, Swing, Demi-Swing, Americano, other?

I'd be happy to get a $1400 offer.

Castagnaris are held in high esteem by one row players around the world.

LA "hand-mades" are not of the same caliber. There are some players who do use them in Ireland, Quebec, England and the niche players in France who play Cajun music..those who play "other" music with one row boxes use Castagnaris more than any other maker. Simple reason, very well made and less money than "famous" LA Handmades with butt joints.

I'll wager Castagnari to LA Handmades.. 100 to one if not more.

Cajun style boxes are best for Cajun style and the Castagnaris and Beltunas (a very fine instrument) are for everything else.

I would suggest opening up the Castagnari and freeing the one reed.. that's a start.

If yours was in C I'd buy it.

Or you could contact Scott Bellinger

http://bellingersbuttonboxes.com/

He's a box flipper

Dave,

PS: You're welcome.

PPS,

" I hope to pass this along to the right person "

The right person is the person with the cash as is noted by your acceptance of $1400.

FYI

You're welcome.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!