Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Yes, 2 row accordions worthwhile including in the mix.

Thanks for the insight on the "2-rows". As I am continually learning this style of Accordeon, I am seeing more & more how that is true. Having studied some Tex-Mex for a while, I am quite often throwing in all three rows in my Zydeco as well, sometimes coming out as a mix of the two styles & quite pleasing sounding, especially with just the two Reeds going. Being this new Site is especially for Triple-Rows, I'll be adding a section especially for the Double Rows because of their importance in the evolution of the 3-Row Diatonic. Since there are so many knowledgeable players/posters here I'm wondering if it's ok for me to quote some of the wisdom from you players by cutting & pasting them from time to time in the Blog section. I just want to GCWCID (Give Credit Where Credit Is Due), especially since I'm not the Go-To Expert on this Style. After all these years, I'm finally getting serious about learning Triple-Row Zydeco & have much yet to learn about it. "Everything & Everyone is my Teacher" - always. Thanks again. Peace & Zydeco-To-Go !

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!