Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Crafting the South Louisiana Sound: Tools of Cajun & Creole Music"

Oct. 12th 2017

I will be part of the discussion @ 1:30 at Vermilionville, come if you can.
I will be there as apprentice with Larry Miller since I did apprenticeship with him.
Barry Ancelet will be asking a series of questions. The hole day looks like it will be
very interesting but I have to work that morning and and cant make it till like 1:00.

quote everbrite.com

"This year, the festival is presenting a symposium on "Crafting the South Louisiana Sound: Tools of Cajun & Creole Music" to focus on the world-class instrument makers of the region who craft musical instruments of all types that, in turn, help musicians create their unique Cajun and Zydeco sound that plays from the 5 stages of Festivals Acadiens et Creoles, as well as around the world!

Oct. 12

Crafting the South Louisiana Sound: Tools of Cajun & Creole Music Symposium Vermilionville
9 a.m.
Welcome - Dr. Michael Martin, Dr. Barry Ancelet and Patrick Mould
9:30 a.m.
Keynote Address - Dr. Mark DeWitt "Expressions of Human Intelligence and Creativity: Musical Instruments Worldwide and Here at Home"
10:45 a.m.
A Band of Builders - Dr. Michael Martin, moderator; Joel Pautz, Randy Falcon, Kenny Champagne and Jay Steiner
Noon
LA Folklife Survey Update - Maida Owens Presentation of the Louisiana Folklife Tradition Bearer Award honoring Randy Falcon with Louisiana Folklife Commissioner John Sharp
Buffet Lunch in Performance Center ($15)
1:30 p.m.
Master & Apprentice - Dr. Barry Ancelet, moderator Tina Pilione and Moisey Baudoin; Larry Miller and Jay Miller; Anya Burgess and Chris Segura
3 p.m.
Sourcing Local to Create the Contemporary South Louisiana Sound - Karl Fontenot, moderator Chris Stafford, Jason Harrington, Milton Guilbeau and Frank Kincel
4:30 p.m.
Closing Remarks - Dr. Michael Martin, Dr. Barry Ancelet and Patrick Mould

Vermilionville
300 Fisher Rd.
Lafayette, Louisiana 70508

Re: "Crafting the South Louisiana Sound: Tools of Cajun & Creole Music"

Man, I wish I could be there for that. I'm going, but won't be there til Saturday afternoon.

Re: "Crafting the South Louisiana Sound: Tools of Cajun & Creole Music"

Yea Bryan I have to work first half of the day on the 12th I wish I could make all day
I think it will be real interesting.
I might run into you at the festival Sat though. I will probably be there most of the day.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!