Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Falcon Accordion

Hi from Lafayette. Haven't participated in YEARS, due to a severe, lengthy case of frozen shoulder. I have been reluctant to try playing my accordions for over 10 years now. That's why I have decided to sell them.

Re: Falcon Accordion

Anything else other than the "E" Falcon ?

If the Falcon could be flattened by a half tone and tuned 12TET it would be a very good Irish Session instrument.

Just sayin'.

Re: Falcon Accordion ~ OTHER ACCORDIONS FOR SALE

In addition to the Falcon, I have the following accordions available for sale:

JUNIOR MARTIN ~ Key of C, purple heart, black face plates & stops, gold flappers and stainless steel buttons. Bellows are red interior and black edging featuring white crawfish design. Very good/Excellent condition. Has typical slight lifting of varnish on the edge of the keyboard adjacent to the thumb strap. I purchased this accordion new from Mr. Martin. Comes with professional fabric covered hard case and accordion strap. I believe that this accordion new would sell for $3000. (or more)

GREG MOUTON ~ Key of Bb, red stained curly maple with blonde maple face plates and stops, silver flappers, split red bellows with black edging, white and black diamond pattern inlay and stainless steel buttons. LIKE NEW CONDITION.GORGEOUS BOX. I purchased this accordion new from Greg. Comes with professional fabric covered hard case and accordion strap. Greg's new accordions sell for $2900.

SHINE MOUTON (Greg Mouton's Uncle, who passed away in 1998 ) ~ Key of D, medium brown (maple?) body, face plates and stops. Gold flappers, red interior bellows with black edging. "Mother of Pearl (plastic) buttons. Has a swivel and snaps on front edge for a clip on mic. Comes with handmade wooden case and accordion strap.

When I first started learning to play, I developed and EXCEEDINGLY PAINFUL condition called "Frozen Shoulder," which persisted for over a year. I was undergoing physical therapy and chiropractic procedures 3 times a week for that entire period. Since then, I have been afraid to try to play and have recently decided to start offering my beautiful accordions for sale.

Is the Shine Mouton one of the boxes he constructed with Hohner reeds and Hohner slides or "other" components ?

Thanks

Jeff Hildreth
Is the Shine Mouton one of the boxes he constructed with Hohner reeds and Hohner slides or "other" components ?

Thanks
I honestly have NO idea. I didn't buy it directly from him. It isn't one of his JolieBlon series accordions. Sounds GREAT, to my ear.

I would be interested if it did in fact have HOHNER components.

He later work was good .. I just like his earlier "charming" period before he followed the crowd.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!