Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Old Cowboy Waltz lyrics help

Attrape-moi mon chapeau et mon capot,
Moi, j’vas mettre mes bottes et mes éperons,
Là j’vas seller mon vieux cheval
J’sus parti, dedans les bois " là en hiver ", chère

Le soleil est après s’coucher,
Mon vieux cheval ressemble bien fatigué
Moi, j’sus lasse, " j’ai faim et puis " j’ai soif,
J’connais pas si " on va s’rendre " à la maison, bébé

Si j’peux me rendre à la maison
Moi, j’veux boire un ou deux bon filet d’vin.
J’veux manger du couche-couche et du caillé,
C’est comme ça la vie d’un vieux vacher.

I think the first one is right or close, hard to tell with the quality of the recording online.

And for his old tired horse, he uses the erssemble instead of resemble, but it’s the same thing.That happens often with those re- words.
That’s a pretty song. I’ve never heard that Cowboy Waltz. The tune/melody sounds very familiar

Jordy

Thanks Jordy, you got good ears. I tried and tried to hear "faim" in the second blank,since it fit contextually with soif, but just couldn't hear it.

"resemble", is always pronounced "ersemble" around my neck of the prairie. Have you heard it pronounced "resemble" over there?

I'm sure there are people that do, but I can't recall one way or the other. It surprises me how much the french changes around here, not just 5 miles down the road, but between the families here too. I.e the lessards and gautreaus who are more Acadian sounding and the Villeneuves who sound more like French or Old French.

Jordy

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!