Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DEA (just so you know .. )

Also, I did write to Bravenet Support and explained what I was doing to try to stop this spam.
They told me:

Bravenet Support [Tim - Director of Customer Service]
Dear Big Nick,

Thank you for reporting this. You are doing everything correct, and there isn't really anything else you can do. However, I have notified our development team and we are going to look at improving our anti-spam protection mechanisms. You should hopefully see improvement shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks for doing what you do and keeping it going, Nick.

Thanks for the effort. I know how tough this is. I was finally successful with EarthLink SPAM eradication after 6 months of BS.
Persistence will win out.

Jeff

What amazes me is the audacity of these people to actually try to sell drugs on an open public forum! And then, a Cajun Accordion Discussion at that! Seems like a misplaced effort if there ever was one. It even feels like an act of spite at this point. But hey, I guess some musicians need that fix to "keep playing". You'd think that one could try to make contact with the dope dealer in question and establish some type of phone number and location of this individual or individuals. But alas, no joy. Has anyone made actual contact yet. The bravenet is nation and world wide. Would be interesting to know if this "drug cartel" is located near one of our own residences and how easy it might be to pay them a visit.

Most frequently, their IP addresses do NOT resolve to a location.
However, I recall at least one of them being traced to CA.

This is known as a SPAM bot. Rarely, is there anyone involved in actually visiting, accessing the site and typing the in the information. It's all automated. There's no audacity involved really.

WF

So what we're dealing with here is AI artificial intelligence? Wow! But there had to be human involvement at some point near it's origination. Amazing that the internet is plagued with viruses, malware, worms, etc. All created by some human being at some point and seemingly unable to be cleaned up and banished for eternity. Fine example of the ole saying "You gotta take the good with the bad." So much for the "power to choose" esoteric theory.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!