Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wanted Diamond Brand/Globe's/Sterlings/Monarchs and Falcons

That's the 1st view I have ever got to see of the side of that accordion and it sure does look like a sterling above where the reeds are.But when they say it was made in Lake Charles La, Maybe they meant to say it was refurbished there. Thanks for the new clip. I am glad to see its still around. SO does anybody have a email or phone number for Justin Manual? :grimacing:

I found out today its a Starling. That Nathan was playing

Would you be willing to email a pic or two or Cajun Classic you have.My email is Buzzzd03@yahoo.com. And do you know what key its in? You don't by chance have a Starling in your collection do you? Or a Sterling?

Hank3, with you being on the search for accordions, does this mean you'll be recording some Cajun music in the future?

What is a original Monarch worth these days?
I have one and I think it is in the key of A.
Michael

About 5 years ago somebody had a pristine Monarch or Sterling that brought $3500 from a northeastern buyer.

Travis Matte has been trying to sell a refurbished (modernized) Sterling D on eBay for a couple of months at $1500 with no takers.

Age, condition, and key govern. A is not a popular key, probaby 4th behind C, D & Bb. If it's mostly original, I'd guess $75 for a non-player, $300-$500 rough, $1,000 good, $2500 excellent. Those are prices fired from the hip, but a general yardstick.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!