Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cajun Accordion for sale

A "Bon Cajun" accordion made by Larry Miller, of Iota, LA, in the key of D.

My brother, Jim Briley, was a Cajun musician. He played accordion, fiddle, and sang. He met Mr. Miller when he took an accordion repair class that Mr. Miller was teaching. The way that my nephew and I remember, Mr. Miller contacted my brother and told him that he was making a "last run" of accordions and asked if he wanted one of them. My brother purchased this one - the date on the invoice is 10/9/14. He was sick at the time and did not get to play it very much. It is not broken in. I have kept it since his passing in 2015, but feel that it should be played and give the joy it was made to give. I have the original invoice that describes it as "Quilted Maple Key of "D" Bon Cajun Accordion - stained honey maple. It came with a hard carry case and a black leather strap. He paid $2,200., and I would like to get that for it. If you are interested, please contact me and I can send a picture. Thank you, Judy

Re: Cajun Accordion for sale

If you have not sold the instrument..

You might consider posting it on melodeon.net.

Or I could do it for you.

Thank you very much for your kind suggestion and offer. I will look into that site and try to post it. I did get a message from someone who did not sound as if he would play it much, and I suppose it sounds silly, but I would prefer that it go to someone who will really use it. Thank you again. Judy

If you find it difficult to post the accordeon there, let me know.. I would gladly do it for you.

Jeff

Larry Miller box still available?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!