Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cajun Jam in Lake Arthur

Mais, I did some research of this Lake Arthur sitcheeation. "Rock the Dock" party weekend is what seems to be happening over there. Jamie Bergeron and Richard Lebeouf on Saturday playing music on some kinda barge floating on the water? What about Sunday for dat jam session? Is there going to be all kinds of carrying on and people all over. You know, spilled beer and people urinating behind vehicles while they sway from side to side and tink no one see's dem? Because me, I don't partayyy like dat no more. If I was to partayyy like dat, people would get hurt, and I don't want to put anyone in any kind of danger.

Nahh, I'm looking for a sensible jam scene where people want to learn the approach to Cajun music and or teach it, not play "La Port En Arrier" or the "Lacassine Special 20 times in a row for a bunch of drunken spectators. Been there and done that crap and I aint never going to get pulled into that kind a sitcheeation again.

No, the jam and rocking the dock/Richard Laboeuf are not related. The jam is put on by August Broussard’s grandson.

Rocking the dock is going on right now, I’m here, Jamie Bergeron already finished, and my little cousin Nate Rogers is about to play (country), but it ends today. Richard plays tomorrow night at a bar that’s nowhere near Main Street, only thing going on on Main Street tomorrow is the jam session.

Is August Broussard still alive? I caught wind of him not a year ago. I hope he is. He's pretty good. If still alive, does he attend this jam session?

Hey, dey got a lot a women over der right now? LOL

Yeah, he’s still alive and playing, and will most likely be there tomorrow

Ok then, if not tomorrow, I might just show up one day. It is close enough for me to go to easily, and I'm pretty sure the musicians there are Cadjin to the bone. Or...one of my cohorts will go to scout around. You never know. I got to handle this secret identity thing carefully. Because if the cat ever gets out the bag, Greezy McGill is going to be busier than a one legged man in an A$$ kicking contest. And I do not want that! LOL

Who knows, maybe we can turn the Lake Arthur Jam into a well known and respected jam of jams where the "Big Hitters" go to wind down and learn to play it old style again and get back to their roots when they're finished touring the world and doing the "Chicken Dance".

Pretty good location I think. Lake Arthur does still have the old timey feel to it, and the people there still speak French on a daily basis right? We shall see my friend......we shall see.

How is Mais pronounced? Is it maze or may or neither one?

Hey, Lampshade,

Mais, dey say may.

Thank you Ned I'm learning alot from you. More drills!
Sincerely
Nightlamp shirtshade:grinning:

It would sound like "mah" the "a" sounds like the "a" in the word "hat", and the "h" part would be implied, but silent.

Ok thank you too

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!