Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Way Recording Studios Should Be?

It may just be worth your next 20-30 minutes to actually listen to the video below. It will help you to weed out more of the BS of this modern life and society just a little more than you could before you watched the video.

Some of the Recording studios and local Cajun radio stations are doing much of what is mentioned in the video. Overplaying the living hell out of not so deserving, mediocre or just plain non talented artist and their music, and leaving the truly great older music on the got dam shelf to be forgotten.

Re: Hey Jerray!

To expand on Jerry's comment about "Ye Yaille".

THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CAJUN MUSIC! - Words and Music to 247 Original and Traditional songs. A treasury of Cajun Music collected, transcribed, and annotated by Raymond E. Francois. "Ye Yaille Chere" is a comprehensive collection of music from southwest Louisiana from 1900 and earlier to nearly 1970. This book is a valuable reference for anyone interested in Cajun music and the Cajun culture. Tunes, turns, chord changes, and words are documented in manuscript for more than 240 selections, ranging from old songs which have nearly been forgotten to the classic songs of Cajun repertoire. Variations of many songs are included, and songs are cross-referenced to original and other recordings and to related songs. Reminiscences by Cajun musicians and extensive notes provide a musical and cultural setting for the selections

Amazon $40
Barny and Noble $40

Jerry, how valuable would you say the song book is? You own one. Is it worth my time or any Cajun musician's time and money to purchase one? Do they have the French to English translation? You really need to let go and let us know what's stored in that mind of yern. Are you having trouble getting a word in edgewise with all of my incoherent ramblings that only have 1% value thus far? I can back off and let you have the soap box. I'll just occasionally "chirp" in with my 2 cents. I just have so much stuff in my head man! If it don't get typed on here, my head explodes. :face_with_head_bandage:

Greezy McGill

Jun 6, 2018 - 5:48PM

Quote Reply

"To expand on Jerry's comment about "Ye Yaille"."

My pedantic mind can't hold back....

The word would be "EXPOUND", not "expand".

Yer welcum.

Re: The Way Recording Studios Should Be?

Amazing, like minds and all that.
Watched that last night. !!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!