Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NEWBIE!

Ned you know you're being extremely modest. Hey Thomas I'm kinda new to playing myself. Listen to Ned he is a real gracious guy and will help if you ask. Noticed your name so how long before you were Tom Kat? At least your parents weren't Bradbury fans. Lol
P.S. How about some more videos Ned?

Thank you Nedro lucky for me I also received a book and cd with the songs you mentioned I see JNightshade mentioned you had videos are they of the songs you mentioned?
It wasn't long before I was Tom Kat lol and my parents were more Cormac McCarthy fans lol

Hey Thomas there ain't nothing wrong with a Cormac book every now and then. The book and cd you mentioned is a spiral bound but the Miller guys? I got it too the only problem is train your ears not alot of this stuff isn't wrote down. Nedro used to do videos pretty regular my favorite was Mardi Gras in texarkana a guy in a purple suit was singing. And his version of Ossun Two Step in his shed with Marylin peeking over his shoulder is one of the best I heard. You'll be fine you gotta crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run if I can kinda do it anybody can with enough want to in them.

I'd also suggest checking out Chris Miller's videos on YouTube. He does a very nice breakdown of the Lovebridge Waltz (Website Link #1), that I found extremely helpful when I first picked up the accordion. His breakdown of the Poullard Special (Website Link #2) is also useful.

Thank you Bassman I am finding his videos helpful.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!