Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good News Folks!

hey Greezy, i'll bring the Jim Beam . . . and my accordion.

I got some Maker's Mark with the red wax seal on the bottle. It's cheap and gives Crown a run for it's money. But some Jim Beam might just do too. LOL All that whiskey might just make me play a certain song for you. A song only passed down amongst my people. I am currently the only one who knows it. For all the ones that knew it before me have passed away. A song that shows the highest skills with the key of G on the C accordion(2nd position on the pull)no modulation but it uses all 10 buttons. It has no equal and bares the true, pure essence of what it is to be a Cajun accordion player. It has never been given a name. Crazy huh? But yes, it exists. And it exists for one reason and one reason only..........but I'd need a whole lotta whiskey to say why.

Now you might ask, why did I even talk about it then? Well, because it lets you and others know that there is hope for the small time (nobody) Cajun accordion player that is left out in the cold to learn on his or her own. I heard the song twice in my life. Once when I was a young kid and the other after I got my first accordion at age 20 something. It took me nearly 26 years to hunt and peck it out from the memory of those two occasions. That single song was the "Keystone Song" for me. It is responsible for both driving me occasionally insane and bringing me peace of mind at the same time. It was the one song that has driven me to learn accordion all these years. Do you have a "KeyStone Song"? Everybody should.

I am surprised you didn't ask him if can play a Cajun accordion in the 4 positions of a C accordion

yes I can !

My last comment went right over your head didn't it Jer? Very important information and you, because of your negative posture missed it completely and totally. Poor guy. It seems to me that your pineal gland has stopped producing the proper amount of serotonin. What could have caused such a thing to happen to you brother. Do you swallow your toothpaste?

didn't go over my head, I walked all over it and wiped my muddy feet with it

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!