Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Video Challenge

Nightcap, here's my attempt at breaking out the components of the Ossun Two Step. It's a hard song, and you might want to consider learning an easier one with which you can find quicker, more pleasing results. You build confidence when you learn a song that you can play easily, and it becomes a building block for more complex tunes.

I'm trying to get it to work but it's not showing anything

Here are the links:

My early video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu4tKplhiPw

Ossun Two Step breakdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-uwmWTrEPY

Lache pas!

Got it to work will be trying it tomorrow after work THANK YOU!!!!!
I was a pretty good ways off from my playing

Mr. Nightshade a noble effort but may I make a suggestion. Forget the octaves for now. Use as few fingers as possible to get the tune and its rhythm. And listen to Lawrence Walker. Use slowdown software and copy the sounds on your accordion. This is all about ears and not eyes.

Hello,

I visit this discussion page every once and a while just to have a feel about the subjects being discussed.
By coincidence today I just saw this subject 'video challenge' and only a couple of weeks ago we (our belgian new cajun band 'The occajunals') posted a song on youtube 'Jongle à moi catin'.
So I take the opportunity to 'present' this video on the discussion group, page.
Up till now we just had 2 successful gigs, a third one coming up on September 1st.
Hope you enjoy it and I'm keen on having any feedback on this video.
What you see is a video made at one of our band rehearsals...

kind regards, Jos (from Belgium)

Here you find the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGbWjoV_c6M

Hey Jos,

I recall meeting back in 2012 at Balfa Camp in Ville Platte. Nice to see you again.

Jongle a Moi is one of my favorites, and I think you guys do it well. Good rhythmic feel and some pretty sporty accordion, too!

That's a pretty big band, so you either have to command a sizeable performance fee, or the players have to work cheap.

-Nedro

Hy Nedro,
Thanks for your reaction.
Back in 2012 I had a nice time over there...
As I said in my posting we’re just starting, and we’re mainly doing this for fun, most of us being
retired. So we’re still working on getting things right (rythm, vocal harmony, choice of tunes, ...).
We will see where this leads us into.
I’m considering attending Augusta in 2019, together with a few members of our band.
How are you doing? And how is bravenet doing? Looking at some postings it’s not looking positive...

Grts, Jos

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!