Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HA-114 Bass paddle springs

Hi

I need to get extra Paddle springs.. Where they were available no longer have them.

I have heard of spring wire or safety pins.. What thickness/gauge would they be?

Any other ideas on this.. ?

tnx

Sorry for 3 posts but memory is not great. I be 74 going on to 103.. lol

Re: HA-114 Bass paddle springs

I'll get you a contact in England. He has most everything for the Hohner HA114..
Be back.

http://www.cgmmusical.co.uk/CGM_Musical_Services/Welcome.html

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the link.. Yes I ordered a set of springs for the paddle button connection from Charlie of there.. also for the spoons.. I replaced all of the springs on the button side..

I find the spoon springs to be brittle and still broke after not too long. I used up the last one the other day.. I have adjusted the paddles and put foam under them where my fingers hit to help them hitting the box.. Seems to help I will find out soon.

thanks for the link

I still want to try safety pin OR might try winding them myself using piano wire for the bass side. I have to figure that out tho. Way back there was a post about making them. Forget who it was. sorry !!

I suggest going to the melodeon.net discussion group (not xenophobic) and open to all manner of diatonic boxes..
Ask your questions there.

I have an HA 112 in pieces... someone tried to modify the reed blocks and it is now FUBAR..

Are you in the states ?

No Im not in the States... Canada !

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!