Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HA-114 Bass paddle springs

Hi

I need to get extra Paddle springs.. Where they were available no longer have them.

I have heard of spring wire or safety pins.. What thickness/gauge would they be?

Any other ideas on this.. ?

tnx

Sorry for 3 posts but memory is not great. I be 74 going on to 103.. lol

Re: HA-114 Bass paddle springs

I'll get you a contact in England. He has most everything for the Hohner HA114..
Be back.

http://www.cgmmusical.co.uk/CGM_Musical_Services/Welcome.html

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the link.. Yes I ordered a set of springs for the paddle button connection from Charlie of there.. also for the spoons.. I replaced all of the springs on the button side..

I find the spoon springs to be brittle and still broke after not too long. I used up the last one the other day.. I have adjusted the paddles and put foam under them where my fingers hit to help them hitting the box.. Seems to help I will find out soon.

thanks for the link

I still want to try safety pin OR might try winding them myself using piano wire for the bass side. I have to figure that out tho. Way back there was a post about making them. Forget who it was. sorry !!

I suggest going to the melodeon.net discussion group (not xenophobic) and open to all manner of diatonic boxes..
Ask your questions there.

I have an HA 112 in pieces... someone tried to modify the reed blocks and it is now FUBAR..

Are you in the states ?

No Im not in the States... Canada !

Making your own springs is very easy if you get some good piano wire. Safety pins used to commonly used, but now are made of unreliable quality metals. Order from the source Jeff provided, or make your own. Really no big deal to make, and probably several videos on it on Youtube.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!