Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Greezy Opens His Private Play List To The World

I think you misspelled your title. You aren't a grand master you are a grand masterbater.

LOL, keep it clean Jerr. Who is the current title holder of "Le Boss"? Would it be Wayne Toups? I believe Walter Mouton was "Le Boss" before him. It must be a pretty tight knit closed group of accordion players that earn such a title. Wayne Toups and I have one "mentor" in common. That mentor is the one Wayne don't tend to talk about. In fact, that mystery mentor was a "Le Boss" in his own right, so I could technically use my legacy connected to the old mystery master to also become "Le Boss" without using the legacy connected to Walter Mouton that Wayne used right? But to be "Le Boss", I'd have to form a Cajun band, beat all comers, and play professionally for 30 or more years. Unless.....I could play accordion better than anyone that ever came before me, and my band was the best there was, and I had a face and aura about me that the people would automatically bestow the title of "Le Boss" upon me. Heck, I could become "Le Boss" in 5-10 years playing professionally if I play my cards right! But nahhhhh, I don't want all the attention and the trouble that comes with being a professional musician. Besides, I never done any drugs in my life, and wouldn't want to have to in order to maintain my professional groove. How bout you Jerry, you ever did any lines of cocaine or popped pills in order to keep your performance up to par for the big show?

Keep talking masterbater it won't be long before even the wanna bee's will catch on to you stupidity. "Le Boss"? give me a break anytime you try to pick the best accordion player you ignorance of the music is obvious. This part is not for you but for all the people that enjoy the smoke coming out of your ass. All accordion players develop a "style" some are further along in their skills than others but that's about it. To say one player is better than the other is total bull****. People have been trying to compare apples and oranges for years, none have succeeded. Also, we don't care if you are "le boss" or not all we want is some proof you know how to play the instrument. You have wasted a lot of the beginners time with miles of bull****, enough to fertilize a 1000 acre farm. Put the lap top down pick up you video equipment and then your accordion and show the others here what you brag about. I really don't want to see it but, what I would like for you to do is shut the **** up

You're right about the "Best" and the "Better" game Jerry and how it is a problem amongst accordion players and within the genre of Cajun music in general, but you didn't catch my meaning. Did you not notice how I was chiding you with the possibility of me becoming "Le Boss"? I was using that to make a point. It worked too, because it got under your skin. Look at what "Le Boss" entails and how you go about becoming "Le Boss" in Cajun country. No body ever seeks to be "Le Boss" yet the title gets laid on some accordion player for some reason. What about the rest of us? What are we, chopped ham? And we're supposed to agree with it? Or instantly pour praise and bragging rights on whomever that accordion player might be whether we think they've earned it or not? Even though we don't agree with the accordion players methods, style, way, history, etc.?? I think it's a pretty messed up game myself and thought it needed to be "drug" out in the open for those wanting to face it straight up. Besides, these titles are getting put on accordion players by who? The local Louisiana fans? The fans that know nothing about playing Cajun music? Buy other accordion players that don't know much about how to play the accordion? Buy other musicians of the band perhaps? The "Best and the Better" will not go away Jerr. It's been here for a long time, and it will remain as long as there is Cajun music, Cajun musicians, Cajun accordion players, and fans that need to have hero's to compensate for their own short comings and lack of understanding of the Cajun accordion and everything tied to it.

I just figured to come along and openly claim the title of "The Best There Ever Was or Will Be" so that people could stop arguing over it and everyone accept the fact that this stick figure named "Greezy McGill" takes all honors. That way, no one's feelings have to get hurt anymore. Including yours Jerry. It will be a done deal for all time to be entered into the encyclopedia books. No more arguments! Have I not given enough, showed enough, brought to light enough, taught enough, explained enough about the Cajun accordion to earn some type of elevated status for the stick figure named "Greezy"? Is not the proof of his wisdom all over the Cajun Accordion Discussion Board? Why the need to actually see him playing the accordion Jerry? Is "Greezy McGill" not legitimate unless he actually makes a spectacle or a show of himself playing the accordion? Have you ever watched Amede Ardoin, Joe Falcon, Lawrence Walker, Angelas and Iry Lejeune play the got dam accordion on a video Jerry? How does never having seen them play make you feel about them? How does never having heard them explain a single thing about the Cajun accordion make you feel about them? Remember, I never want to be known for my true identity. I only want to give the "very legitimate" information that I have learned and earned on how to play the Cajun accordion to the lone accordion player who has no one, or mostly unreliable sources to learn from. And I give it away for free. No title, money, nor praise necessary. Don't ever forget that I speak through a freakin (stick figure) Jerry. Don't make it so personal. LOL, but you can't get over that fact that there is this Cajun guy out there that is a top notch accordion player, possibly better than all of the supposed "Kings of the Accordion" who doesn't want to be known. If you're not interested in what Greezy has to say, then move on man. It is you that is hurting beginner accordion players Jerry. What do you have to say for yourself about that? Why so bitter?

And you misunderstood the purpose of my comments. You have never gotten "under my skin." Your ability to do that is as good as your accordion playing, so far you are a no show. If you don't understand the difference between getting under my skin and posting comments directed to that makes you look like the idiot you are then another problem exist for you.

Oh, I get it now. You don't have anything against me (the person or persons behind "Greezy McGill". Just like I or we don't have anything against Jerry Moody. We're just "testing" each other for some unspeakable reason?? Could it be that one cannot see the legitimacy of the other because we refuse to give legitimacy due to something holding us from doing so? Why do we need proof, and the only way it can be proven is by a display of an actual accordion skills presentation on a public video or a public presentation. Kind of like one of them abomination accordion contests? Weren't you supposed to be a judge at some accordion contest lately Jerry? How did it go? Did you actually sit the judge panel and tear apart the hearts and souls of some accordion players while casting praise, glory, and status on the winners by declaring them the "BEST"?

I haven't seen you talk about the event on the discussion board. Did it actually happen? Where did it take place? Who were the contestants and who were the winners? Will you ever do it again? Did you walk away feeling satisfied of the outcome? What happen to the losers? How satisfying was their outcome and how did it effect the rest of their lives to have been judged as incompetent by Jerry Moody?

Answer me this....What if I were to present 3 songs to you in person? No one else but you and I. We can meet at a neutral location. Maybe at a crossroads somewhere in the country that has an old oak tree by the side of the road. We can sit on two 5 gallon buckets. Would you want to choose the 3 songs, or would you let me choose? What 3 songs would it take to absolutely prove that I am as good as I say I am..............................................(pause for effect).................................................................................................??

High Priest Greezy of the Accordion

Greezy you sure seem to like throwing your hook into Moody waters - you always catch something. I see where you are going most of the time and enjoy the challenging philosophy you put up. My own view is that the Cajun accordion community can be likened to a religion with specific doctrine handed down to believers and non-believers. So much so that the music can become of secondary importance. This being the case the priests call the shots. And yes, there is worship.

Re: High Priest Greezy of the Accordion

Mr Guy if find useful anything this non talented ass says they you are the one with the hook in the cheek

Mr Guy, as far as I can tell, "that specific doctrine" only gets passed down to very few accordion players because it has been nefariously guarded throughout the years by certain self serving accordion master players and builders. Some of them guarded it, and some of them weren't so nefarious, knew the information, but just didn't know how to tell it to others because it does or can get very complicated. But not anymore. It's all on "The Cajun Accordion Discussion Group" for all to see. No secrets anymore. Well at least the "playing" nd "presentation" part is anyways.

Maybe instead of the word "priest" you meant to use the word "guru"? I'm just a stick figure with lots of information THAT IS BY NO MEANS ESTABLISHED DOCTRINE. It's freakin brand new because not many know about it nor how to preach it!

Thank you! That took a great deal of effort, and passion for this form of art, on you part. I'm attempting to pick up the art of Cajun Accordion, and your contribution is very inspiring.

Regards,

- MLS

You are very welcome MLS. Merry Christmas. And we shall call it......"THE THIRD GIFT OF GIFTS!"

Over the past week, I have listened to every selection on your list. What an amazing library of this art! Thank you again!

Keep Listening MLS, for it shall keep growing. I hope you are able to see my liner notes for each song in the play lists. Without those liner or guidance notes to help you apply your "C" or "D" accordion...it's just another song list. Liner Notes = Muy Importante!

I haven't located the notes. I'm a beginning Cajun Accordion student, and these would probably be very helpful!

- In Google type greezy mcGill.
- Choose Greezy McGill - YouTube.
- Click on "Playlists".
- Do Not click on the picture or "Play All" option.
- Instead, click on the words in blue below the picture "Classic French Music".
- The notes (accordion key and playing key) will be on right side of page.

**The notes save you the time of figuring out which accordion to grab and which key to play it in. The list was meant to help anyone with a "C" or "D" accordion. It was also meant to make accordion players learn their own style by listening and trying to play along with the old masters instead of directly copying the style of modern day players.

I don't know about you MLS, but I don't want to hear 300 Marc Savoys, or 75 Steve Rileys, or 3000 Greezy McGills gallivanting around the Cajun accordion world all playing the same songs in the exact same styles. We've had quite a few years of that kind of thing going on lately and I'm getting very sick of it. I have used an inflammatory term called "Parakeeting" to describe it. "A dumb bird that only repeats what it hears, exactly like it hears it, without the ability to apply what it has learned to something useful other than the entertainment of it's owners and visiting house guest."

Agreed! In my previous musical adventure I had a jazz quartet (I was the drummer) and we played standards from the 1920's through the 1970's (e.g., Blues, Jazz, some Gospel). The form of tune was important, but jazz is a very conversational form of art. We never played the same song the same way twice - it was very organic. The intro/outro was recognizable, but we spoke with one another in our solos.

I briefly played in the percussion section of a brass symphonic band - talk about pain! Every note was scripted and you played the song according to the script. Ugghhh!

I want to use the same approach to Cajun as I did with jazz. This should be an organic folk conversation, fun, and pull audience members out of their seats compelled to dance. Oh, it should also have my personal signature on it!

Thanks for your direction!

- MLS

Greezy McGill
- In Google type greezy mcGill.
- Choose Greezy McGill - YouTube.
- Click on "Playlists".
- Do Not click on the picture or "Play All" option.
- Instead, click on the words in blue below the picture "Classic French Music".
- The notes (accordion key and playing key) will be on right side of page.

**The notes save you the time of figuring out which accordion to grab and which key to play it in. The list was meant to help anyone with a "C" or "D" accordion. It was also meant to make accordion players learn their own style by listening and trying to play along with the old masters instead of directly copying the style of modern day players.

I don't know about you MLS, but I don't want to hear 300 Marc Savoys, or 75 Steve Rileys, or 3000 Greezy McGills gallivanting around the Cajun accordion world all playing the same songs in the exact same styles. We've had quite a few years of that kind of thing going on lately and I'm getting very sick of it. I have used an inflammatory term called "Parakeeting" to describe it. "A dumb bird that only repeats what it hears, exactly like it hears it, without the ability to apply what it has learned to something useful other than the entertainment of it's owners and visiting house guest."
Anyone on here found the list with the key of the song on the right.. I have tried everything I know and can not see it anywhere never mind on the right.

I don't see the blue line either..

Anyone? What browser are you using Greezy?

Willy Wog

Those instructions are the exact instructions anyone in America could use. Not sure about other countries. I've found the "PLAYLIST" in google and yahoo and both worked. The liner notes come up every time. I've even tried it on several different computers from several different locations and it works every time using those instructions you just copied and pasted to me.

The playlist view count grows more and more every day. Somebody's using the hell out of it! And for that I am happy. BTW YouTube doesn't know who I really am, so they can't find me to pay me if the view count gets to be over 1 million. Ahhhhh the story of my life. Always going to be a poor man I guess.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!