Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Les Veuves de la Coulée

Does anybody know where I can find a video of les veuves de la coulée with a good view of the right hand? I can’t find one anywhere and I really want to learn that song.

Re: Les Veuves de la Coulée

Ganey Arsement used to have a video of it but I can't find it. What version are you wanting to play? Some play it in second position (key of G on a C accordion), and some play in 1st position (C on a C) accordion. Most versions are in 2nd position. Marc Savoy's version with Cheese Read is in 1st position.

Link #2 is Ganey at the Liberty Theatre in Eunice.
Not a good view at the right hand :-(
But maybe you cabn do something with the sound.

There's a YouTube of Lyle Guidry below that's okay -- a bit better than the Ganey / Liberty Theater one in terms of right hand view, and maybe a little easier to pick out the accordion (it's just accordion + acoustic guitar), but it seems to have been recorded as the sun was setting (gets darker over the course of the video) and it's not something you can really work off. Still, I like his version of the song.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!