Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Harrison Fontenot

I'm busy with the Necktie song or La Cravat.
There's also a wunderfull version of Beausoleil.
But that's Harold Fontenot.
See Link 2 en 3
Funny song and a bit a tongue-breakdown :blush:
I thought it also was in Greezy's playlist, but I'm not sure and can't find it there.

I do. Harrison was a family friend and my dad played guitar with him a lot. He was my main inspiration to both play and build. His songs are mostly pretty easy to play, and a lot of fun, and most of the first songs I learned to play were from recordings he gave me. I sure do miss ole Harree-sone.

I have the accordion Harrison Fontenot made for Mike Tate, his brand was Imperial and he engraved Mike's name on the bottom. If I could figure out how to post a picture of it I would.

I know this thread is several months old, but I just stumbled upon it. Swallow Records recently released Harrison Fontenot's first CD ever with 26 tracks from his original 45rpm records. You can get more information here:

https://www.flattownmusic.com/product/harrison-fontenot-harrison-fontenot-cajun-collection-cd/

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!