Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Greezy McGill Who Are You

Or even worse, you wouldn't want people to see you as some kind of modern day Judas of the accordion forum. LOL, have a great year!

with greasy going into hibernation we are still stuck with his other personalities "blue" and the other guy

greasy blue and 33 one man/women hopefully all 3 will hibernate

Good riddance but he will be back In no time flaunting his knowledge and other stuff if he’s that good then show it most accordion players I know are proud to post to Facebook or social media playing their accordion because they are not afraid or gonna flaunt what they know

This is for you two guys. Why so much hate? Makes me wonder what your intended purposes are. I leave you on a good note with this song. Don't be bashful if you find yourself listening to it over and over and over again. LOL. Man, just listen to that fiddle work they put in there, pure genius!

Good ending Greeze:innocent:

Hi Randy, good to hear from you now and then :blush:
Greezy is an important item here at the forum, but it's sometimes going to far.
In my opinion he's write about interesting things with accordion playing and it's also funny sometimes what he's saying.
Reading between the lines is a difficult matter :blush:
I have some good news for you too :wink:
I bought some time ago a B-flat made by Junior Martin :joy:
All the best man

Melo glad to hear from you as well glad you have a fine accordion made by the best in my opinion Jr. Martin. As always Jerry the La Pigette is always complaining about something what a BITTER OLD MAN he is. :sob:

In 2011 we also visit the jam in Thibodeaux which was great for us and we had a wunderfull time with Jerry and his friends. We were very thankfull about the warm welcome we got there :blush: It's such a shame that people who love the same things can quarrel about quite small things. The subjects on the forum are still very interesting and I hope that it will be like that for a long time :smiley:

Argue? well call it what you will. I am not going to sacrifice my values to please a thief, nor will I allow "know it all's" that really are just shooting off at the mouth. And one of my faves there is such a genre as "traditional Cajun Music" I think it's funny that the one's I have the biggest disagreement are all hiding behind fictitious names. Most won't put videos of their skills on here and yet find it just to criticize the ones that do. Of all the non professional musicians on here I am one of the few that walks my talk.

Jerry, I don't understand why some of us are making a big point of things here.
You're not the only one who love the traditional version of Cajun Music and many braves here do, including me.
The most important thing here is that we help eachother(lyrics/chords/buying an accordion) and learning from eachother (how to play a song with the help of vids/how to start/repairwork)
I wish that everybody bury the hatchett and smoke a pipe with the right tobacco and that we all start playing the Peace Man Two Step :smile: :smile: :smile:
Now the meds/drugs are gone, we are the threads ourself :wink:

Fine but my name was brought up and I will respond. If you want to do what you just said, do it. You haven't posted anything constructive in a long time, that I can recall. I have answered to post here recently, one about jam songs, and the other about learning a new song. I didn't see you or anyone else contribute to the discussion. Don't come on here pointing fingers at me. While we are at it what have you contributed to the discussion that would be helpful? And agreeing with greasy isn't a good answer.

Jerry L Moody my real name:grimacing:

MysteryCajun101, are you elderly?

I haven't been here in quite a while.
But this obscession with Greezy is entertaining.
i once knew a pompous classically trained musician whose last name started with Mc-
and yes he is quite a good accordion player. And he knows his music theory quite well..
But these long tedious writings are, well tedious....
I rather just hear the music played..not dissected, lol
He won't reveal himself or intentionally post his playing until he is ready....he is that obnoxious and loves the attention.
But don't worry, Greezball....your secret is safe with me for now...
Charlie Beg

Nope, CB, I'm not that guy. Never even came close to being classically trained in music. I'm just a smart guy, part of the latch key Cajun generation, that was left out in the cold to figure it out on my own. And that's exactly what I did. I'm not pompous nor conceited. Just trying to lay it down like it should have been laid down long time ago by my forefathers, and trying to tell it to people that really don't want to hear it, and perhaps can't handle the information. I wonder how many from this discussion will actually learn to play in "6" different playing positions on the Cajun accordion. I fear it will not take hold too quickly, lol. But hey, for those that were interested in knowing, its all been chronicled. As long as the bravenet is here, it is written in stone as far as I'm concerned. As long as I'm alive, there is a guy who can explain it, and physically show it to another. Maybe, I'll be able to personally pass it on to someone of the next generation of Cajun accordion players and it will be preserved. Point is, no one before tried to explain it, they weren't aware of it, they were aware of it, but wanted to keep it secret, or they didn't know how to teach it. That's all over now. The CAT IS OUT THE BAG!

Nope Cat Isn’t out the bag at all we still do not know who you are. You seriously maybe someone that don’t even play just have a good knowledge of the culture and and Cajun accordion theory we still don’t know. Please tell us who YOU ARE.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!