Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: asking our experts from Lake Charles

I am trying to get in touch with Mr. Jerry Broussard, I am the granddaughter of Mr. Norris Leger and would like to talk about the accordion you speak of on this forum!

-Sarah

Re: Re: Re: Re: asking our experts from Lake Charles

So,

there must (have) be(en) a lot of building experience and accordions at the other side of the ocean. Must have been a lot ending in the fire, too?

Thanks Rick, Ganey and others for digging in your memories.

Now the question, why would Eddie Lejeune have brought this kind of accordions to the UK? His favoutite was Pointe noir I heard. And he would never have sold his concert instruments, right?

inspector Gus again

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: asking our experts from Lake Charles

I suspect that he didn't have anything invested in it, and whatever he sold it for was just lagniappe.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: asking our experts from Lake Charles

I know a guy in Manchester who has a Pointe Noir which he says he bought off Eddie in those circumstances.

That one on ebay might be good enough to carry in the truck cab for a little practice. If it were cheap enough, but I guess any handmade box is going to make a good price, for the import reasons discussed recently.

BJ

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!