Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Left hand

I recently started learning to play. Ok, my left hand is not getting it. Does anyone have any suggestions or drills to get the left hand coordinated with the right. As soon as I try and add bass it’s like total chaos. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Left hand

you can go on youtube and look at other videos by Chris Miller on playing the accordion. Here's a video to get you started. https://youtu.be/s5yRgMUjBpIget

Search on this forum for "bass side" and you will find information about it.
It's easy for some and difficult for others.
Play simple melody "Mary had a little lamb" and try to play your left hand.

Thanks to Jim :slightly_smiling_face:

There's more on youtube :relaxed:

Thanks Jerry :blush:

This one from Ganey is also good to look at :-)

Thanks, Meloderon. It's been so long,. It would help me remember, if you told me your first name. For well over a decade, I remember fleeting accordion ponderings, between the two of us. It's good, to at least hear your thoughts in 2019

. It's still
the Peach color, that I've remembered since 2003.Haven't been here in 7 years

I was a 23 y.o then. Now I'm 40. I never put the boxes dow. W/ vids there was a Youtube problem, that deleted a lot, way back to last may. Vids, gone is par, for the course.

Llyde, I'll help u learn on Skype. The free video stuff is great, so I'm not looking forNOmoney. If you lived my non-life, by 40 you have to find Kin-Folk, as it were/is.

Jim you are still one of the best players that I have seen on here. Glad to see that you are still keeping up with the box.

Jim I would like to try that. Right now I’m away from home visiting family. I’ll be back home mid January. Maybe we could connect then.

Jim, my first name is Ron :-)
It's allways good to hear from you on this forum and to look at your video's with your dad.
I agree with Randy completely :relaxed:
I hope all is well with you.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!