Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gig Bag/Case

Wanted to share with everyone that I've found the perfect replacement for the Peavey PV2K bag that they stopped making (I've looked everywhere for one). Its made by a company called Access and the bag model number is PFX1. See link #1. Just got mine today and my Bon Temps fits perfectly inside. The zipper and material of the bag feels like a better quality than the Peavey bag also.

Re: Gig Bag/Case

Thanks for the heads up. My Peavy cases are falling apart after 25 years.

Be sure to compare the interior dimensions given with the size of your box. It looks like an Acadian would not fit.

Will do, thanks. I have an Acadian.

I talked with the owner before I bought mine and he said if there any issues with it fitting, I could return it with no problem. My Bon Temps is 13"x12"x6-3/4" and fits like a glove.

The Acadien measures the same as the Bon Temps. The manufacturer dimensions look small, not sure why.

I have two Peavey bags and my Martins fits perfect.
I also own a Falcon and it's more difficult to put that one in the Peavey bag.
The Falcon is a bit more wide.

Oh thanks for your recommendation, I think it would be convenient to use this bag for transporting from my city to my property in France . I appreciate goods with great quality.

You're very welcome. I think it will work fine. The zippers and the material feel like they are very good quality and will last. Happy to share. Like I said, I looked everywhere for Peavey bags or something else until I came across this one.

Stagg ACB-120 - see link #1. $40 on Amazon. Carry handle + backpack straps. The bomb for the bucks.

Nedro - That does look good for the money, but I was specifically looking for a bag with a shoulder strap and not backpack type. Just personal preference.

Hey Clint,

Thanks for the heads up on these bags. I bought one and it is very high quality, maybe even better than the Peavey (of which I have two). It's a little more snug fitting than the Peavey, but it works.

I was disappointed when Peavey quit making theirs.

-David

You're very welcome. I felt the same way when Peavey discontinued theirs as well. But, I agree with you... these bags feel like they are better quality.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!