Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Positions Of Accordion

Ok thanks.

If you search on this forum for position or key, you find a lot of information about it from many years ago.
If I'm right, position 1 is the key of C on a C-accordion and position 2 is the key of G. In C you play more push notes and G is more on the pull.
When I started it was difficult for me to understand/hear what the key of the accordion was, on which they were playing the song.

Come on now Mel....I know that you know better than that. It wasn't many years ago, but only recently that we discussed positions aka keys of the Cajun accordion.
For the "C" accordion:
c,d,e,f,g,a,b

We killed those old rumors of the cajun accordion only being able to be played in 3 positions/keys.

We found out that the cajun accordion can be played in 6 of the (7 keys of the musical scale>> a,b,c,d,e,f,g)with a little effort and understanding.

"Come on Man!" as that illegitimate president we now have would say. LOL

That was Mel's contribution not yours.
You sound like a parrot spouting what others have already said.

Not unlike Trump taking credit but blaming others for his bull**** and lies.

Listen to the Quebec players if you want to see accordeon expertise playing in all keys on a one row.

Do I smell a got dam liberal Biden voter?! Get the noose ready boys!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!