Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How would I apply music theory to the accordion?

Some super smart feller by the name a Greezy McGill came up with the idea and a way to apply it practically. Its like he showed up outta no where, gave his gift to mankind, and disappeared like a fart in the wind or something. Kinda like that Jesus guy if you really think about it.

Re: How would I apply music theory to the accordion?

Music Theory helped me understand music as a whole and what I can do with sound in time. It doesn’t apply to any one instrument for me and I play quite a few. I’m just grateful we have all these resources now. Like But big beezy miller and Mrs Kylie who is highly educated in music. Sshh when I was growing up I’d sit and psycho watch my Nonc hub and both my paperes play fiddle. I asked them to teach me and they replied with abrupt wisdom by saying I can’t teach you that, it’s got to be in your head and heart. If you can whistle it you can play it, it’s just a matter of how bad you want it. Ask Blake Miller at y’all lesson the first tune Mr Larry teaches on his accordion lesson cd. It’s Mary had a little lamb because everyone knows that melody. Hope y’all doing well and lâche pas

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!