Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Traditional cajun music

Well, we certainly have evidence on this board of two people who have started building more recently, and who haven't even hit full stride: Jude Moreau and Ed Poullard.

Jude has been at it for awhile, though not as long as Marc and Larry--and he is 20-some years younger than they are. Ed has started more recently, and has already made some beautiful instruments. So I think we can look forward to many productive years ahead from both of them!

The newer builders have been influenced and helped, of course, by Marc and especially Larry, from what I understand. So their legacy will continue in that way.

It is a good question though--are any younger people showing signs of picking up the craft?

--Blair

You can disregard that link in my previous post :-(

Didn't mean to include that link in my previous post! You can ignore it, unless you enjoy reading about fake Cajun festivals with lots of hype!

It is to a so-called "Cajun" festival that, sad to say, somebody is putting on
the same weekend as Isleton. I'd started to write something in response to the discussion of what happened to Isleton, rumors that there was going to be a festival. I just got wind of this one, was going to alert people that it is NOT the same thing at all...then decided, why even both talking about it. But I guess the website link remained, when I went on to do another post!

--Blair

Re: Re: Re: Re: Traditional cajun music

John Roger has an apprentice right now with a couple of more coming on board soon and though he has only recently start his apprenticship program. More may apply.

Re: Traditional cajun music

Hi . . . I live right in the heart of Acadian country here in the Province of New Brunswick, Canada, although I'm not of Acadian background myself, all my friends are, I play my music to Acadian people, etc.

I'd like to know how much interest you have in this area where your ancestors came from. Do you ever talk about this place? Do you have any Acadian music?
Or did the deportation happen so long ago, that it's not important?

I suppose I could go on and on with questions but maybe that's enough to get my point across.

I look forward to hearing from you, with thanks.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!