Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jamming session in Halifax - A memorable event!

Folks: Check this link above for a few interesting pics.
After the Grou Tyme festival in Halifax last months, we (a few local musicians) got together with members of Roddie Romero's band (Kyle Hebert, Eric Adcock & ... Dudley)and Hadley Castille (+ his grand daughter Sarah & Rick Lagneaux) for a few drinks a some jamming. I'm the guy with the blue T-shirt & guitar (Roddie's playing with my red Bon Cajun & walnut Acadian).
This was so cool and memorable!

Re: Jamming session in Halifax - A memorable event!

__. Sorry, it doesn't appear that *which* Halifax is specified. Which one, please????

Re: Re: Jamming session in Halifax - A memorable event!

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
I'm not aware of any other Halifax, other than in the UK. Is there one in the US?

Re: Re: Re: Jamming session in Halifax - A memorable event!

"I'm not aware of any other Halifax, other than in the UK. Is there one in the US?"

__. Yeah, there are at least 9, including the one about a hundred miles from me in NC -- all east of the Mississippi, except for Halifax MO. And, once when I had to demonstrate/instruct on some products at the Halifax CA port, the parts that were supposed to be shipped there to meet me went where? Right, the UK.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jamming session in Halifax - A memorable event!

Interesting to know for future reference.
Halifax is the capital of Nova Scotia. Population is approximately 340,000 people all over the regional municipality. We're righ on the ocean, and it looks like a "small" Boston.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!