Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Martin D accordion

NOTES FOR "C" CAJUN ACCORDION:

PUSH PULL
1 NOT NEEDED
2 G B
3 C D
4 E F
5 G A
6 C B
7 E D
8 G F
9 C A
10 E B

Re: Martin D accordion

If you do some of your learning from CD's by ear, some inexpensive software like "the amazing slowdowner" can shift any tune into the key that matches your accordion, and slow it down as needed.

On the other hand, if you're learning while on the porch drinking beer with your Cajun uncle down the street: all depends on what key he wants to play in.

The learning videos are all aimed at C accordions, and likewise the classes at Augusta (I don't know about Balfa camp).

You probably already know all this stuff...just trying to fill in the blanks

Re: Re: Martin D accordion

I could also import Dirk's video into the computer and speed it up a tad so it matches the pitch of the box. BUT, my uncle that has the thing hasn't show up with it yet so I'm not crossing fingers for it. If that falls through I'll just find a C box and not have to worry about speeding up the music.

Re: Martin D accordion/Free Tempo and Pitch Change Software

I've used Sound Forge to edit sound files. It will change tempo without changing pitch, change pitch with changing tempo, etc. It was affordable on eBay. But there's legitimate free software that does many of the same tasks:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Audacity is one of the open source projects, and is supposed to be reliable. I think it has an optional free mp3 encoder, too.

I've found this software great (1) to slow down fast licks, and (2) to place a song in a key I can play on my C or B-flat.

Re: Re: Martin D accordion/Free Tempo and Pitch Change Software

Windows media player will change speed, but not pitch, for mp3 and wma files. Not sure about wav files.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!