Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eddie Lejeune - D box?

On "Cajun Soul" and "Cajun Spirit", yes. (And doesn't a Cajun accordion forum old-timer like you remember that Bufraw had bought a D accordion because he wanted to play Eddie LeJeune's music ?)

Christian

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Did Eddie play a D box on his recordings?

Re: Re: Eddie Lejeune - D box?

Don't want to speak for BuFraw, but I thought he was seriously studying the playing of Amede Ardion.

Re: Re: Re: Eddie Lejeune - D box?

Eddie LeJeune, "Cher 'tit Monde", Cajun Soul.
You want to bet ?

Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eddie Lejeune - D box?

Hi Christian,

I beg to differ - I distinctly remember Mr Joel had set himself the task of playing the whole Octa Clark and Hector Duhon Old Time Cajun Music CD. - which is in "D" of course. Mind you, that was a few years ago now.
And while we're at it - Eddie Lejeune Cajun Spirit is in "C" while Cajun Soul is in "D"

Anyway, Christian - Are you playing in any jams yet?

I keep mentioning to various persons about getting "skyped" up and then we can play over the net for free!

Regards all from London

Andy W

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eddie Lejeune - D box?

Hi Andy,

You’re right about Cajun Spirit. I’d better be careful if I bet with you one day.
I have not found a regular jam yet, but I have not looked for one seriously enough. I know I will have to find one sooner or later.
I might try that skype software soon because I have just changed my internet connection subscription. I will email you about it.

What are you working on these days ? (I am set on two-step de la Pointe aux Tigres).

Christian

On finding a jam

Christian,

If you can't find what you need, start one. This is what I've been doing for years. Of course, there's lots of players and would-be players where I live.

I've been doing a beginner's jam for years, and am about to start one a step up from that.

Be ready to feel like Sisyphus though. Its a continual effort at first to get people to cohere. I started the beginner's jam before I was able to lead it. I was always dependent on others to help me. And they did. Now that I've got more repetoire under my belt, its not as much of a chore to host these things.

There's a need for some process to get more fiddlers going where I live, and no one will get off their butts to do it. I suspect I'll have to take that one on too.

I think I'm going to take a nap now.

Ahoy, mates!

You are all correct.
Eddie LeJeune convinced me to get a Dee box. The bonus was that that was what Amedee Ardwahn and Octa Clarke played in, exclusively. I nearly got through Octa's Old Time Caju music before I gave it up for lent back in aught-three, and I learned all the blues songs on Amedee's Never Coming Back.

I'm gon start playen again. I never could find anybody around here that was interested, so I guess I gave it up. good luck all, and don't stop playing because it's hard to start up again.

I still haven't had a cigarette since August 18th, kom-a-ti-yi yippee yi.

jt

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!